≼ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗 ≽

𝐀𝐃𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐍'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕:

     𝐈 felt a type of determination when Monday knocked on my door, facing my Professor is something I intend to do, to get straight to the point and put what happened behind us without wasting time sidestepping each other. The feelings I feel for her... they're just trouble and I'm not too naive to see it. But with that said, I've never felt so drawn to anyone before and actually considering letting someone in— it can't happen, another reason why I need to set this straight.

I woke early, 5:15 am, just as the sunrise came over the skyline. Out in the living room, Blair is sprawled out on the couch, chip crumbs and popcorn speckling her chest while she gently snores the early morning away. A smile draws on my face and I walk to the cupboard, grabbing a blanket and draping it softly over her before I head to the bathroom. Stripping down, the cold room sends shivers down my body as I reach forward and turn on the shower, quickly stepping in and sighing against the hot stream of water.

After washing my hair and scrubbing my body I exit, getting dressed and wrapping my wet hair in a towel. The kitchen is the next destination on my list, putting in my earphones I listen to a groovy playlist as I whiz around the room, grabbing ingredients from the pantry and fridge, bowls, plates and the waffle press from the cupboard and start cooking. Surprisingly Blair doesn't even stir, she stays perfectly still on the couch sleeping deeply as I pile waffle upon waffle on three separate plates. I cover theirs in plastic wrap and set them in the microwave before I grab my own plate and sit at the small, circular dining table.

I devour two and a half waffles drowned in syrup and by then the time has ticked over to 8:28 am, rinsing my plate in the sink I make a quick stop to the bathroom where I brush my teeth and dry my hair, letting the waves of blonde fall freely down my back. Stepping back out into the living room I walk back over to Blair, bending down with a hand on her shoulder and gently attempt to wake her up.

"Blair..." I rock her shoulder as I say her name, the brunette twisting slightly while muffling gibberish back at me. "Blair, wake up. You need to get ready." My voice is a little firmer and I shake her a little harder, yet it has little to no effect. Rolling my eyes I look down at her and yell. "BLAIR, GET THE HELL UP!"

Her eyes jerk open and she flies up into a sitting position still half asleep. "No! I can fight it! I won't eat her brains, I don't care if they taste like gummy bears and sherbet!" Blair shouts still in the aftereffects of her dream. I pull back and look at her, brow furrowing and eyes narrowing as I try to comprehend the scene in front of me.

I open my mouth ready to say something when we both hear a loud thud coming from Maddie's room. "Argh! Mother fu— ADDISON!" She screams as she falls from her bed due to being startled awake by us. I grimace, scrunching up my face in known fear... we all know Maddie turns into a psychotic demon if she hasn't had enough sleep or if she's awoken too harshly.

"Uh... Good to have you back in the land of the living." I rush passed Blair while talking to her and gather all my things. I stuff them in my bag and sling it over my shoulder as the sounds of Maddie making her way out get louder and louder. "Waffles are in the microwave—" Maddie yanks open her bedroom door. "Bye!"

"Don't leave me here with this schizophrenic banshee!" Blair yells after me as I sprint out the door.

༺═──────────────═༻

My schedule was pretty empty today, only three classes to attend which was pretty chill and apart from the conversation I have to have in Biology I'm quite looking forward to the day ahead. I walk down the hallway towards the Chemistry classroom and I have to say, without Blair and Maddie the journey is unbelievably quiet, it's kind of odd. I can only imagine the hell I'm going to get once they catch up, Maddie won't be that difficult, she has the attention span of a small child but Blair... she can be a bit stubborn.