≼ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 ≽

𝐀𝐃𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐍'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕:

     𝐆𝐀𝐋 and I sit in the living room, twisted to face each other and close enough for our knees to touch. We have ordered our food and settled into an easy back and forth conversation. To be honest, it was really just small talk and there were times, like right now, where we both just got lost in each other eyes. It is amazing really, the way some people can just 'click', like one was made for the other and vice-versa. I never believed in soulmates or destiny or whatever, I think it's a load of bullshit... but looking back at Gal, I believe there may be an exception.

It took several long seconds before Gal broke the comfortable silence and even when she did, we didn't intend to move or divert. "Taking into account what you said before, I do realise that I haven't revealed anything about myself."

I laugh, slightly, and it's more of a huff leaving on a smile but it gets the job done. "Are asking me to play twenty questions with you?" I question, raising my brow in jesting curiosity. I swear to god, the more time I spend with her the more I get attached.

She sends me a playful smile, bringing her glass of water to her lips and as she takes a sip my eyes drift. Her mouth always gets my attention, my gaze is infinitely drawn to it and while her lips stretch into something beautiful, mine pull up into something genuine. It doesn't happen often, actually I can't remember the last time I smiled and fully meant it.

"Well, we've kissed twice and you know nothing about me." Gal recited my own words back to me.

I shake my head, smiling. It's effortless but she says the right thing— all the time. How is that possible? I don't know how she doesn't it... is there a manual for this or something that I'm unaware of? Hell, if there is it would've made growing up so much easier. I mean, I can smooth talk my way out of most things, but still, it's like she knows everything I want to hear. Tell me, who wouldn't bombard you with questions after seeing what she had? And who would ask for trust before anything else? No one... apart from her.

The knock at the door pulled me out of my thoughts and both of us turned to look in its direction, it must be the food. Gal got up and placed her glass in the sink before she made her way to the front door. I didn't really want to be seen here, you know, even though I took her advice and put myself first and all I still worry about her job. Who wouldn't feel guilty if you got someone fired?

Sneaking off into the kitchen I quietly look around, questioning which draw the cutlery would be in and where to find the plates. I haven't spent much time in this area of the house, I gave it a once over from behind the counter but other than that it's completely new to me. It's beautiful though, like the rest of her house. Expensive hardwood floors, Satuarietto white marble bench-tops, the cupboards and pantry are dark in colour, most likely black with stainless steel handles. The same marble on the counter is displayed in a splash-back behind the oven and there's a bar fridge built into the end side of the kitchen bench.

"First draw on the left and second cupboard to the right." Gal says, stopping briefly on her way to the dining table. "Also, would you mind pouring me a glass of wine? Glasses are in the overhead cupboard. There's water and soda in the bar fridge just over there, help yourself."

I nod and make my way around the kitchen, first with setting the table and then with the drinks, and that's where I get a little stuck. You're supposed to pair your wine with your food— I know next to nothing about alcohol, especially wine. Gal ordered a chicken and bacon risotto, I heard somewhere that a creamy based Italian dish is best served with white wine... but I can't remember the name.

Looking through the glass bar fridge doors I grab myself a bottle of sparkling water and then attempt to decided on a particular wine. She has three sorts, red, white and one that's a type of light pink, I'm guessing that one is her favourite considering she ordered it at the local bar last week, where we ran into each other. But I'm not sure it will go well with her food and the red wine is out of the question which leaves the... Chardonnay? I mentally cross my fingers and pour it into her glass and then head off towards the dining table.