≼ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 ≽

𝐀𝐃𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐍'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕:

𝐈 sit alone in a cafe, a tall hot chocolate with whipped cream in front of me but I can't keep my eyes from staring down at the white bandage wrapped around my swollen hand. I can't believe I hit him, I mean Jason's a complete asshole, he's a cliche jock with the intellect of a goldfish, a pretty face with rock hard abs who thinks he's untouchable, thinking he can do whatever he wants and get away with it. If it had been anyone else who gained the courage to punch Jason in the face I would've said that it was one of many that he deserved, but it wasn't just anyone— it was me.

A few hours ago I had thrown my fist into Jason's face with no hesitation and with every ounce of strength behind it, yes I was panicking, yes I was angry, and yes he was out of line but that is no excuse. The very moment I realised and felt my knuckles collide with his face I felt like my father, I reminded myself of him. After knowing what it's like to have someone you love hurt you in a way that exhibits so much hatred and disappointment, why would I bestow the same feelings upon another human being, let alone a fellow peer, even if it isn't rightfully the same?

"I don't remember giving out homework, Miss Chase?" I jolt out of my thoughts and glance up at the familiar accent. My eyes catch on the sight of Miss Gadot smiling down at me, a takeaway coffee in her right hand and her dark brown eyes showing a softness that I've only ever seen her give me so far.

She wears a gorgeous cream dress ensemble, the skirt stopping above her knee, giving the perfect opportunity to show off her slim, long legs. It works perfectly with the nude heels she wears—which only adds to her height— as well as her silver jewellery, and glossy makeup. She looks elegantly modern, stylish and undeniably beautiful and I curse myself for avoiding her for most of the day.

She glances down at my open Biology textbook and scans over the pages I have open. "I am yet to run through this unit myself, I hope you're not planning to upstage your Professor?" Her smile widens with what seems like affection. I slap myself internally, now I'm going delusional. Just great, another thing I can add to my résumé.

Bringing myself back to focus on what she had said a small half-hearted laugh escapes my lips. "Upstage you? I don't think I could do that even if I wanted to. Your expectations are way too high."

I'm taken by surprise when Miss Gadot sits her takeaway coffee on the table and sits across from me. Her eyes trained on my face and her smile never leaving her lips.

"Frankly, I don't think you give yourself enough merit. If I remember correctly you were the one to slide Miss Walker the answer to my question a few days ago." She recounts before lifting her coffee to her lips and taking a sip with her eyebrows raised.

My eyes lock on her mouth as she places her coffee back on the table and runs her tongue over her supple lips. The simple and innocent act has me shifting in my seat and quickly averting my gaze back up to her eyes.

"It was a sweet gesture." At her words a small smile tugs on the left side of my mouth before I have the chance to stop it. "Even though I prefer my students to answer my questions on their own accord." She continues with a smile.

Miss Gadot looks back at me in a less than serious manner, in fact, her face is beautifully replicating a friendly light-heartedness. Her professional demeanour that she has when teaching has disappeared and I'm left with a stunning woman with a very casual and graceful attitude. It makes me even more nervous than usual, makes my skin tingle and unravel with desire that I desperately try to swat away.

"Duly noted." I nod with a smile, instinctively gesturing with my hand in the process. Her eyes fall at the motion and they soften to a point I didn't even think was humanly possible.