≼ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 ≽

𝐆𝐀𝐋'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕:

     𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 and scratching at the hardwood floors causes me to stir from my sleep, my neck aches from being awkwardly slept on at an unnatural angle and the stiffness in it encourages a uncomfortable frown to morph over my face. My hand finds its way around to the back of my neck, fingers rubbing in circles and trying to soothe away the dull discomfort as I sit up from the couch. Major stands at the back door, crying to be let out so he can go to the bathroom and I move to open the door.

He's a good dog, sometimes I think he knows and feels way more than any human would ever give him credit for— well maybe not everyone. Addison seemed to hit it off with him, I saw it the day I went to pick him up from the vet and then again when we walked into the house. When she looks in your eyes it's never simple, there's always a complexity behind it, a sort of understanding and interest, and as well as me, Major seems to appreciate it.

Speaking of Addison... she's here, sleeping just down the hall in my bed. It's a bit surreal thinking about it, a student— your student wrapped up in your sheets. That's the thing though, and it's most likely where I've gone wrong, but I've never really seen her as my student she's always been my equal. From the moment we met it was like all professional standards disintegrated and I was in a place where I had to persevere for what I wanted, had to fight for it. It's not something I'm particularly used to, Addison never once broke our professional relationship, didn't cross a single line which forced me, by desire and attraction alone, to initiate what my heart lusted for.

It was a kiss of a lifetime, one that couldn't be forgotten even if you tried to. I'm attracted to women, yes, but truth be told I never paid much attention to them, not romantically nor sexually... at least not until now. Honestly, the tension between both Addison and I is enough to set the room on fire, if only she were willing to let down those walls and see me. It's hard knowing she could just slip away at any moment, she is the first person to blatantly reject me and I have no doubt that she'd be able to do it again in a heartbeat which makes me extremely anxious.

Major came trotting back in after a few minutes, happy as can be, his tail wags with contained excitement and he looks up, waiting for his 'good morning' hug. I kneel down and he comes bounding over, pouncing on my legs as if he still thinks he's a puppy and flings himself against me. A small huff of a chuckle breathes from my nose as I wrap my arms around his body, fingers combing through his fur and Major loves every second of it. We stay like this for a few minutes before I stand up and make my way into the kitchen, breakfast on my mind.

I wonder what Addison would like, maybe I should just wait until she wakes... from the day she had yesterday it seems as though she could use a good sleep in— it is the weekend after all. I settle for a couple of pieces of French toast, sitting at the counter I look through my emails and glance over a few sheets of school papers that need to be graded as I eat. It's impressive how Addison has managed to keep her grades consistent even with the days she's been absent, she still remains at the top of the class. Although, it's not a particularly hard task to accomplish as most of the other students are barely sitting on a pass.

Finishing off the last of my breakfast I set the plate in the sink and venture up the hallway towards my bedroom. I need a change of clothes for the day ahead and the only wardrobe containing my attire is in the main bedroom of the house, the very one Addison is fast asleep in. I attempt to make every one of my actions as quiet as possible, reaching out grabbing the door handle, I slowly twist it open and poke my head inside. I can barely make her out as she snuggles up in the covers, a flow of rippling blonde hair can be seen over the dips and curves of her body. She lays on her side and I wonder if the position is causing her any type of discomfort or will in the future once she comes to.