Year 1, Chapter 4

(Harry's POV)

(Harry's POV)

"Bloody hell Harry, slow down!" Ron shouts from behind me.

Today's the first day of classes. My first class is Transfiguration... which I was supposed to be at 15 minutes ago... It's not my fault! Ron's the one who wouldn't wake up! Now we're running all over the castle trying to find the Transfiguration class.

"Maybe next time you should actually get up!" I yell at him in between breaths.

We make it to the end of a long corridor, a large wooden door sits waiting for us. 

Ron and I exchange nervous looks before I open the door and peer inside. 

"This is it, Ron!" I whisper.

He merely gulps in response. I push open the door completely now and run inside with Ron on my tail. 

The classroom is considerably large, with rows of desks lining the middle of the room. At the front, there is a large chalkboard, a large desk, and a grey tabby cat sitting on the desk.

"Made it!" Ron sighs, "Can you imagine the look on old McGonagall's face if we were late?"

The cat on the desk suddenly jumps forward. Its features distort, limbs sprout out, and it grows larger and larger until it has completely transformed into a woman. My jaw drops.

The cat is Professor McGonagall.

She walks to where Ron and I are standing, looking down at us sternly.

"That was bloody brilliant!" Ron says, looking up at her in awe.

Her face flashes with a hint of amusement before she says, "Thank you for that assessment, Mr. Weasley. Perhaps it would be more useful if I were to transfigure Mr. Potter and yourself into a pocket watch?" 

My small grin fades from my face.

She continues, "That way one of you might be on time!"

I rack my brain for an excuse and settle with, "W-we got lost." Ron nods his head vigorously in agreement. 

"Then perhaps a map? I trust you don't need one to find your seats!" She says before heading back up to the front of the class. 

I sit at a desk next to Ron. We pull out our parchment and quills and start taking notes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~