Year 1, Chapter 9

(Harry's POV)

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

(Harry's POV)

The footsteps of the caretaker and the two professors finally fade into silence. We're safe, for now at least.

"Harry?" Y/N calls from another spot in the room, "Do you have any idea what this is?"

I look towards the sound of her voice and find her standing in front of a large, old mirror. Curious. I walk over to the mirror and stand next to Y/N.

"Hey, could you move out of the reflection for a second?" She asks.

"Why?" I ask, confused.

"Just do it," She replies.

Odd, but whatever. I move away from the mirror and look back towards Y/N. She is standing very close to the glass, her breath rapid. She reaches up and places a hand on her shoulder. It's almost as if she's hypnotized. Ok, I'm starting to get concerned.

"...Y/N?" I say, slowly creeping toward her, "Are you feeling alright?"

At the sound of my voice, her head quickly snaps to the side. I continue going towards her until I'm right beside her again. I place my hand on her shoulder.

"What happened?" I ask.

She looks up and stares into my eyes, chewing on the inside of her cheek. Almost as if she's trying to decide on something. She opens her mouth but then quickly closes it again and shakes her head.

"It's nothing. I'm fine," Y/N says, pushing my hand from her shoulder, "I just thought I saw something in the mirror."

"Are you sure?" I ask. I need to make sure she's alright.

"Yes, Harry. I'm fine." She groans, rolling her eyes. Y/N walks back over to the cloak, leaving me in front of the mirror.

Suddenly, two tall figures start forming on the glass surface. I whip my head around, looking for anyone who could be causing them, but it's just me and Y/N. Strange.

I turn back to the mirror and inspect my reflection. I look the same as always, same baggy sweater, messy hair, and lightning scar. Except, now two people are standing behind me smiling, a man and a woman. The woman looks very beautiful. Her flaming red hair frames her kind face perfectly. Her smile crinkles her emerald green eyes. Eyes just like mine. The man is almost identical to me. He has messy brown hair that flops over his eyes and small, circular glasses. These are my parents.

"Mum?" I whisper.

The woman's smile grows even larger once I say this.