Year 1, Chapter 7

(Harry's POV)

(Harry's POV)

It's the morning of the first Quidditch game of the season. I'm sitting at the Gryffindor table with Y/N, Hermione, and Ron, who are trying to convince me to eat some breakfast before the game. But it's just impossible. My stomach is churning quite unpleasantly and every bite of food feels like sandpaper scraping my throat.

"Take a bit of toast mate," Ron encourages, "Go on!"

"Look at this delicious pastry Harry!" Y/N tries as well.

She lifts the croissant right in front of my face and shakes it around with a stupid high-pitched voice, "Come on Harry! I look so delicious, don't I?"

Despite the sick feeling in my stomach I can't help but chuckle at her joke. She's always able to cheer me up no matter what. I like that about her.

"Y/N and Ron are right, Harry, you're going to need your strength today," Hermione urges.

I give up, the sickly feeling is just too much. I sigh and push my plate away from me.

"I'm not hungry," I tell my friends.

"Good luck today, Potter," a deep voice croaks from behind me.

Snape? I turn to see the man in question staring down at me.

"Then again, now that you've proven yourself against a troll," he continues, "A little game of Quidditch should be easy work for you. Even if it is against Slytherin!"

Once he's done with his random encouragement speech he eyes me and my friends for a few moments before finally limping off, his large cloak billowing behind him.

That was strange. Hold on... he's limping! That's what I saw in the bathroom!

"That explains the blood!" I gasp.

My friends turn to me with confused looks on their faces.

"Blood?" Y/N asks concerned.

"Listen," I continue, "Last night, I'm guessing Snape let the troll in as a diversion, so he could try and get past that three-headed dog. But he got himself bitten, that's why he's limping!"

"But why would anyone go near that dog?" Hermione says.

I continue, "The day I was at Gringotts, Hagrid took something out of one of the vaults. Said it was Hogwarts business, very secret!"

Y/N lets out a small gasp. Finally, someone gets what I'm trying to say.

"So you're saying-" she starts.

"That's what the dog's guarding!" I finish her sentence, "That's what Snape wants!"

A loud owl's squeal sounds from above. That's odd, the mail isn't due for another few days.