Year 1 Chapter 10

(Your POV)

(Your POV)

I glance behind me ever so often as I walk, worried that Filch or a professor could appear at any moment with an expulsion note in hand. I told Harry it wasn't a good idea to go to Hagrid's in the middle of the night. But did he listen? Of course not! Now Draco knows! I know considerably well how much of a tattletale that boy is. He'll do anything and everything to stay on Father's good side. So now we have to sneak back up to the Common Room before that little sneak gets a chance to turn us in.

"Hagrid always wanted a dragon. Told me so the first time I ever met him," Harry says as we walk through the dimly lit corridor.

"It's crazy!" Ron sighs, " And worse, Malfoy knows."

"I don't understand. Is that bad?" Hermione asks. They all turn their heads toward me, waiting for an answer.

"Yes," I reply, "It's bad."

"Good evening."

Professor McGonagall is standing in the middle of the hall, still dressed in her nightgown. Her lips are tightly pursed together as she stares at my friends and I disapprovingly.

"You four. Come to me," McGonagall says brusquely.

Unable to make eye contact with the Professor out of guilt, I slowly make my way over to her. Draco steps out from behind McGonagall, smirking at us cheekily. Oh, how I wish I could slap him right now. She ushers us all into her classroom, closing the door behind us with a loud thud. The professor sits at her desk and motions for us to come up to it.

"Nothing, I repeat, nothing," Professor McGonagall scolds, "Gives a student the right to walk about at night. Therefore, as punishment for your actions, fifty points will be taken."

My jaw practically drops to the floor. Fifty?! That's hardly fair! We weren't even trying to get into trouble! My friends and I exchange looks of pure astonishment.

"Fifty?!" Harry blurts out.

"Each." The older witch finishes. I can tell she likes it no more than us, but McGonagall isn't known to hold back on consequences, even if it is on students from her own house. And Draco over there keeps shooting us his disgusting smirk. Filthy bastard.

"And to ensure it doesn't happen again," Professor McGonagall continues, "All five of you will receive detention." That sentence wipes the smile right off of Draco's face. Ha.

"Excuse me, Professor," Draco says politely, "Perhaps I heard you wrong. I thought you said the five of us?"

The Professor now turns her attention to the small blond. "No, you heard me correctly Mr. Malfoy. You see, as honorable as your intentions were, you too were out of bed after hours. You will join your classmates in detention."

Now it's my turn. I look over at him, trying to make eye contact. Draco turns to look at my friends and I angrily, giving me the perfect opportunity to smirk smugly at him. Even adding a little eyebrow raise to really sell it. He glares at me in return.