1-Desire [𝐄𝐃𝐈𝐓𝐄𝐃]

C H A P T E R
[I]

DIANAS P.O.V

"Do you think I look ok?" My best friend Darcy asks frantically.

"Yes now go ask Aaron already," I said turning her around and pushing her off towards Aaron which is her crush. She has been planning for months to confess her feelings and I was on board with her idea, and today was the day she finally tells him. I walked away and sat at a nearby bench to give her some privacy meanwhile I catch up on some of my school reading. Usually, I'm a chapter ahead of the class but Mrs.Meyers doesn't mind.

I couldn't wait to hear the news if Aaron felt the same for Darcy. Hopefully, he won't crush her heart considering that Darcy is very sensitive and emotional. I would hate to see her cry.

I continued to read my book and I must say I am quite enjoying it so far. Although it's not my preferred genre it is a good book.

"DIANA," Darcy screeched jumping up and down towards me. I immediately closed my book and got up.

"Oh my gosh, what did he say?" I gushed out.

"He said that he has been liking me since we were in 8th grade! I Can't believe it Diana he likes me!" She cheered twirling around.

"I am so happy for you Darcy but you should really get back to him. He keeps staring at you," I said wiggling my eyebrows, she laughs and runs off back to him. To be completely honest I already kinda had the hint that Aaron had a crush on Darcy since I heard from a friend of a friend that he's been crushing on her. The only reason why I was concerned about Aaron rejecting her was the fact that the news I heard was from over a year ago, so I wasn't too sure if he still had feelings for her.

I walked away after staring into space for a while and make my way into school.

"Hey, Diana c-can you help me out with math after school?" Jackson asked while walking by my side trying to keep up with me.

"Yeah sure, be at the library after 6th period," I said. He stopped walking and nodded.

"T-thanks," he calls out.

"No problem Jackson," I said continuing to walk back to my bench.

"Ayee Ana, would you want to go on a date this weekend?" Reece the quarterback of our football team asked winking at me.

"Umm maybe next time," I shrugged and start speed walking. He groaned and walked away.

Reece has been trying to take me out for months but I'm honestly more focused on my academics and friends to be going out with anyone. Dating is just not my thing.

"Ana, would you mind if I copy your Spanish notes? I wasn't here last week," Kathy the captain of the cheer team asks.

"Yeah totally, it's in my bag I will lend you it in my free period,"

"Thank you Ana you are the best," she thanked me and went back to her group of cheerleaders.

As you can tell my social status at school is pretty high, mostly because I'm smart and friendly. I would say th-

As I was just blankly thinking I hadn't noticed that someone was coming towards me which caused me to accidentally bump into them.

"Sorry I wasn't paying attention," I explained while I picked up the book I dropped. When I looked up I was astonished to see the most drop dead gorgeous boy I have seen in my entire life.

Keep yourself together Diana.

I straightened myself up and made full eye contact with him. Something I do when I meet new people.

"Hello nice to meet you my name is Diana," I greeted him and held my hand out for him to shake.

"Hello Diana my name is Eric nice to meet you too," the boy replied and took my hand laying a soft gentle kiss on the back of it. I blushed like crazy and felt my stomach flip. He then had the audacity to give me a breathtaking smile like the kiss was not enough to make me light-headed.

"So ummm are you new here?" I asked trying to forget what just happened. I slowly took my hand away from his grip and hid it behind my back.

"Actually yes. Would you mind giving me a tour of the school?" He asked politely.

"Of course," I agreed happy that I can help someone new.

Let's get through the rest of the day without bumping into anyone else Diana.

Edited: This Chapter is dedicated to Pessimistkween

Edited: This Chapter is dedicated to Pessimistkween.  She was my first supporter and was the first person to probably ever read my book. Wouldn't be here without her<3 (Check out her books!)
I hope you enjoyed the first chapter of the book. It's a bit short but I am trying my best to make it longer! Make sure to vote and comment <3
-Simone