18-Ashes

C H A P T E R
[XVIII]

ERIC'S P.O.V

After killing almost 70 guards I think it's pretty safe to say Liam has no way of stopping me from him being killed.

The roof to the main room where Liams throne is, is made of clear glass. Which makes it better for me to see everything that's going on. My eyes land on my mate Diana.

She had tear stained cheeks and looked very tired. My heart clenched at the sight, but I had to keep my composure and wait for the perfect timing to break in and kill Liam along with the rest of his guards.

I can see that Karina already is signaling to Louis my entrance will be soon, and that he needed to be ready to fight.

"Ohhh Eric," Liam chuckles standing up from his throne.

"How stupid you were to believe that you dying would save your brother and you're precious mate," he continued. I watched as Liam walked over to Diana and bent down to her level, where she held a replica of my body.

"Diana you're all mine now," Liam whispers into her ear. Diana stiffens and now I have the urge to tear him apart.

I jump into the sky and fall quickly down right through the glass roof.

Glass shatters everywhere, but thankfully it lands no where near Diana.

"Why Hello there old friend," I smirked at Liam. His face morphed into pure anger, and his eyes turned into blood red shade.

I fastly run over to him and he immediately stood up. My mate stares at me with wide eyes and I look over at her giving Diana a wink. I turn my attention back onto Liam and he tilted his head to the side as if calculating my next movements.

"Don't worry Liam I will give you a quick death but it will be painful," I stated slowly walking over to him. Liam attempted to jump. But I grabbed him by the back of his cloak and bring him back to me.

Louis had already taken out both of the guards holding him and Karina was fighting off some Vampire knights.

I started my own torture for Liam.

A broken bone on the leg.
A kick in the throat.
And a hand ripped off was all it took to easily have him by the neck.

The room mostly consisted of screaming and cracking bone sounds.

"Diana I need you to pass me the dagger," I grunted keeping Liam in a head lock position.

Tears slipped out of Diana eyes as she witnessed the chaos happening around her, but she nodded and grabbed the blood stained dagger. She gets up as fast as possible and hands it to me in my free hand.

"Okay back as far away," I ordered. She backs away to the wall where Karina was previously at and looked at me with watchful eyes.

I stabbed Liam right in the heart and dig in a hole. Taking out his pumping heart I grab the lighter from the floor and let his body fall limp on my replica. Smirking down at him I lit his heart on fire. All the knights immediately stopped fighting and watched as their Kings heart burned in flames. In seconds it turned into ashes slipping through my hands.

Everyone in the room knew exactly what would happen once the prince died.

Whoever defeated him will take the throne. And shall become the new prince.

Suddenly I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist and Diana's familiar strong scent hits my nose. I envelop her in my arms and hug her tightly as if she would disappear. She looks up at me and I stare back at her with love filling my heart.

"I love you," she whispers. I dip my head down and capture her lips. She immediately responded to the kiss and her hands digged into my hair. She tasted sweet like honey. A taste I was now addicted too. We pulled away pressing our foreheads together.

"I love you too," I whispered only for her to hear.

"Eric what the hell I thought you actually died!" Louis shouted. We pulled apart but I still held her close to my side.

"Yea like I was gonna let that happen," I replied.

"Well glad to know you're not dead," he mumbled.

Diana was suddenly pulled away from me and being hugged by Karina. She looked like she was squeezing the life out of her.

"I'm so glad you are ok Diana!" Karina said enthusiastically.

"Karina y-you are squeezing me t-too tight," Diana stuttered over the lack of oxygen. Karina immediately let's go and and Diana breath's out a sigh of relief.

"Sorry about that I was just excited," Karina explained.

"Yea no worries," Diana smiled.

We all sat in silence and I continued to stare at my mate.

Even though her once white dress was now covered in blood she still looked beautiful in it. Her hair was a bit messed up, and her eyes were puffy from crying. But still perfect in my eyes.

"We should probably get going I'm not really comfortable in these blood stained clothes," Diana says frowning down at her attire.

She is certainly one of a kind.

Omg I'm literally so close to ending the book and I'm super scared of how it will turn out

Omg I'm literally so close to ending the book and I'm super scared of how it will turn out. Hope you enjoyed!
-Simone

(Sorry for any grammar mistakes)