10- Trust

C H A P T E R
[X]

ERIC'S P.O.V

"Are we there yet I feel like you have been running for hours," Diana groans

"Trust me we are only 10 minutes away," I say. She perks up a bit and her eyes brighten more.

"What's it like in Canada right now?" Diana asks.

"Um, it's pretty cold. So I don't think that skirt you're wearing is going to help," I smirk. I hear her curse under her breath and start pulling down her skirt with one hand trying to cover up some skin since it had risen up mid-way her thigh.

I continued running smoothly through the trees. I tried to be as careful as possible not wanting to hurt Diana.

We finally made it to Canada. It wasn't really cold to me but Diana was freezing. We walked into a random gift shop store for tourists and looked for a sweater for her to wear. Once we bought it we headed out and started walking out towards a hideout I made a decade ago.

It was cottage more than a hide-out, took me about a week to make from scratch. The cottage was cozy and comfortable. It does only have one bed though since I never intended to have company any time soon, but I'm sure we will make it work.

I looked down at Diana while walking trying to read her emotions. She had an aura that seemed tired and drowsy. She was probably tired from all the traveling.

"Are you tired?" I asked. She nods her head and her eyes start to flutter shut and open up again. I picked her up and carried her all the way to the cottage bridal style.

When I got to the cottage the first thing I did was bring Diana upstairs and laid her down on the bed. She looked so peaceful when she was asleep like an angel. I walked out of the room and went downstairs to get the house telephone. I dialed Karina's number and she picked up on the first rig.

"ERIC where on earth are you?! Did you hear that Lian sent Draculeas to hunt your mate down?" Karina shouted over the phone.

"Obviously I know that I took Diana out of the states we are in Canada right now," I say in an annoyed tone. At this time I didn't want anyone yelling at me.

"Listen I need you and Louis to come over to Canada as soon as you can. I don't know what Liam's plan attack is but I can't risk it with Diana being here."

"Ok," I hear Karina say and then the line goes dead. I sigh in frustration and hang the phone back on the wall.

I walk back up the stairs and enter the bedroom Diana was sleeping in. I laid down next to her and started brushing my fingers through her soft hair. I wish I wasn't a vampire so that I wouldn't have her in danger. I pulled her into my arms and rested my chin on the top of her head.

I have been watching Diana for almost two hours! How tired do humans get?

I was about to walk out of the room until I see that Diana starts moving. She sits up on the bed and her hair is a bit messy but she still looks beautiful. I walk back over to her and stand in front of the bed frame.

"Hello, sleeping beauty you finally woke up," I say smirking at her. A little smile breaks onto her lips and she starts touching her hair and tries running her fingers through it only to be stuck. She groans and lays back down flat on the bed.

I grabbed her by her feet and dragged her to me where she was still on the bed. I picked her up and walk her over downstairs.

"You know I have two arms and two feet," Diana says rolling her eyes playfully.

"Yea but I would rather hold you," I said. Her cheeks turn a light pink and she mutters something under her breath. I went into the living room and sat on the couch with her on my lap.

"So how does this whole Vampire thing work out? Can you read my mind like Edward Cullen or do you have a ring that keeps you alive like Stephan Salvatore?" she asks. I chuckle at her weird question and shake my head no.

"No and No. I can rearrange your mind and thoughts like getting you distracted and I can also read your emotions. But ever since I learned those techniques I have been able to know what people think about more clearly," I shrug.

"Cool can yo-" Diana was cut off by the front door bursting open. We both whoop our heads to the door to see Karina and Louis standing there.

"Hey guys," Karina waved excitedly.

Hey Guys sorry if the update came  out late I was packing for my trip to San Francisco

-Simone

(Sorry for an grammar errors)