12-Birdy

C H A P T E R
[XII]

ERIC'S P.O.V

What did she say?!

"No no no Diana you are not ready to be claimed. It's not that simple," I said getting up from her.

"Karina already told me the stages and I don't mind," she frowns. I shake my head furiously and walk up towards the window.

"Diana no you're barely 18. I'm not gonna ruin your life so early by claiming you," I say mad at the fact she would want to throw her whole life away just to stop someone from chasing us.

"Eric look. My life is meaningless, to be honest. My parents don't even care about me and my entire life I've just been some stuck-up goody two shoes for everyone. And in all honesty, I'm just vending machine for math answers on a Monday morning," she says getting up from the bed and walking towards me.

"Diana you've only known me for a couple of days you can't just make that big of a commitment like that," I say with all seriousness.

"Well I can," she says crossing her arms over her chest.

"Look Diana let's wait for a few more months because once you get claimed there is no going back," I reason with her.

"O-Ok," Diana agrees hesitantly.

I slowly pull her into my arms and rub her back in a circling motion. I can feel her heart beating slowly, a little too slow then it should be.

"You know I only want what's best for you. So please just wait for a little while until we get things straighten out," I say caressing her hair gently. She nods in response and for a good minute their was a silence between us until she said something.

"Eric, what would happen to you if I end up being taken away," She questions. I can feel my jaw clench and I grit my teeth in anger.

"I'm not sure," I lied.

I know exactly what would happen. I would go back to my old self.

A cold hearted monster. I'm still am one but with a soft spot only for my precious Diana.

We both pull away from each other and she gives me a soft smile.

If only things weren't so complicated in the Vampire world...

LIAM'S P.O.V

"HOW COULD YOU LOSE THEIR TRACKS," I rorared in anger.

"I-I'm terribly sorry your Highness," the Vampire Knight spoke.

"Sorry won't cut it. You had one job! And that was to follow their trail and take the girl," I said furiously.

"I k-know your Highness, but it seems as though that their tracks were covered up. Her scent was very faint and the trail ended just around the river bank," he explains.

"I certainly don't want to hear your pathetic excuses. GUARDS CEASE HIM!" I commanded. Immediately two guards dragged the Vampire Knight out of my sight.
I sigh in frustration and sit back onto my throne.

I need to get ahold of that girl! I cannot allow Eric to be happy after what he did...

ERIC'S P.O.V

I have been watching Diana for the past 15 minutes as she lays on the floor drawing on a piece of a paper. She's been there without uttering a word to me.

Perhaps she's really focused or trying not to talk to me.

I was about to ask what she was drawing but suddenly she jumps up from the floor and walks over to me.

"Look it's a cute humming bird drawing,"she exclaims. My lips form into smile happy that she's excited about her drawing. Diana hands me the piece of paper and I was stunned she drew this in such little time.

Well maybe to me it's amazing because can't draw anything to save my life.

"It's very beautiful Diana. Do you mind if I keep it?" I ask with a smile. Her pupils dilate a little bit and she nods her head with a wide smile.
Her smile holds me captive a for while as I stay there starring at her thinking that she's the most beautiful girl in the world.

Truly a gift from heaven...

Sorry that this chapter is short I was in a rush to update

Sorry that this chapter is short I was in a rush to update. Eric's POV is so hard to write. Since he's a guy and he's supposed to be cold hearted and blah blah blah.
But I've never experienced that cold hearted stuff so it's much more difficult then I expected when I first started writing the book.
Anyways make sure to Vote & Comment!
-Simone