Chapter 9 - Hunter Meet Easton

My alarm is screaming at me. It's time for my first day of school and I have been dreading today. Starting a new school, your senior year, is like my mom is tryinig to kill me. I turn to my desk to gather up my homework and I feel hot beams of light hit me. Easton is here. I turn around with a glare on my face and he just starres at me. He almost has a blank expression except for the sad smirk plastered on his face. He knows exactly why i'm upset. Last night we had talked about everything from the divorce, to how the next year is going to down. I became so close to finding out more about Easton and what happened, but it still seems like a touchy subject. My thoughts were interrupted when he walked toward me.

"Kelsey, it'll be okay yah know? I'll be with you the whole day, whether you can see me or not, i'll be there okay?" he said with his palm resting on my check.

"Okay." I said plainly.

"Good girl!" he said patting his hand lightly against my face, making me laugh. "Hurry up, or you'll be late." His smile just lights me up like the fourth of July.

**************************

"Alright class, turn to page 394 in your books." The room is suddenly full with the sound of chatter and the turning of pages. I see Easton moving almost a million miles a minute, shape shifting. It distracts me, but in a way I wouldn't complain about. No matter how halarious Easton may be, he can't disract me from the obvious. He can't distract me from what's different. Like the fact that my senior year isn't happening how I planned and that this coming weekend is my dad's weekend.

Easton just has to look at my face to be able to tell something's wrong. It's written across both our faces and I don't even have enough time before Mrs. Jones notices.

"Kelsey, are you alright?" she states loudly, making the entire class look in my direction. Easton's no where in my sight, and I don't have long because she's expecting an answer and so is the class.

"Yes i'm fine. Thanks. And if we could just get back to the lesson that'd be great," I say quickly spitting out every word, hopeing shes leaves me alone. My cheeks are flushed red and I feel my body becoming warm with embaressment. I need Easton, but I also need to make it through the day alive. Thanks to Mrs. Jones, I may not even make it to lunch.

**************************

I can feel my body coming back to life. It's almost as if someone has just flipped a switch and all the ware house lights are slowly coming on. There's a crick in my neck as I realize the position that i've been in for who knows how long. It could've been a few days, weeks, or months, but either way, I can barely move. The top of my head is on the floor and my body is almost vertical with the wall if it weren't for the wooden bench held up by the decayed screws. My body is weak and i'm brought forward by gravity. I hit the ground hard, flat on my face. My legs hit the ground hard and I immediatly hear footsteps coming in my direction. If I were to have moved, my tactic would have been to keep still and close my eyes and pretend to be passed out, but I can't. The door swings open and a large shadow stands over my body. It completley fills the five foot by five foot space in which they've kept me.

Two large voices fill the room, " He's still out. He should wake up any day now," they say so deep that it's barely comprehensible, and he shuts the door. I'm alone again. Something I feel is wrong. I'm not talking about what's wrong with my current situation, but someone elses. This is my purpose. This is I was left to live why I watched my family get shot. For her. But where do I find her?