Chapter 11- The Escape Plan

*****Hunter's POV*****

I look under the door frame to see two pairs of large boots sitting at the edge of the couch. I need to leave. I need to find a way out. I need to escape. My head is running in circles with plans of which I could use to escape, but they have to many limitations. I start pacing, back and forth, in the five by five attic. As I pace, a single floor board begins to creak. I try my best to avoid the board, but its hard. An idea pops in my head, that's almost ingenious. My body moves too slow for my mind which couldn't stop. I quietly fall to my knees and try to pull up the floor board. Although the screws are old, they are really wedged into the wood. It may take longer than I thought to escape, but at least I have a plan. I'm coming mystery girl, i'm coming.

*****Kesley's POV*****

It's been days now since i've seen Easton and it worries me. I have things I need to tell him, before I explode, with maddness.

BEEP...BEEP...BEEP...

My alarm rings for another Saturday of work in the yard. Mom had said, "I want you up by 8 a.m. sharp!" So, I roll over and glare at the dreaded dream killer. It read, 7:30. I slowly sit up and grab my stereo remote. I press play and wait. Suddenly, my quiet room is filled with music. I smiled because it reminded me of Easton, or Hunter... It was his language that he used to express himself.

"If it's just me,                                                                                                                                                                         Crying alone in the middle of the night                                                                                                                          Then it's just me,                                                                                                                                                                       And my tendency to overanalyze                                                                                                                                        And if it's just me,                                                                                                                                                                   Holding on to someone letting go,

Then I will let go of you," I sang. I was half ready by the time the song ended and shuffled through more of my beloved artists songs. I continued to sing along to one of my favorites.

"Say that you love me, even if it's not true.                                                                                                                    And say that this storm is just passing through.                                                                                                          And, baby, tell me you're not leaving.                                                                                                                                 It's just the rainy season.                                                                                                                                                          The air's getting heavy and we both know why.

So dance one more dance a-."

My mom walked in, in the middle of the line," Ready?" She asked over the music.

"Yep," I replied, while shutting off my stereo. We walked out together and down the creaking stairs. We still had a lot to fix.

Once we were outside, my mom placed a wheelbarrow full of mulch in front of me. So, I pulled on my gloves and went to start in the back yard. Every chance I got I looked for Easton. I peeked around corners, took way more breaks than necessary to see if he was inside, but nothing. He had me worried sick. "Easton, where are you?" I thought.