Chapter 5 - Meeting Him

I walk out the door and close the door behind me. She pats the seat next to her on the swing. I sit down gently incase I need to run.

"What you were doing in there, it's like the old you!" She states laughing a little. "Why are we fighting? It's not us. Kels I don't want us to be far from each other. I want us to be close like we were." She looks up from her coffee clearly wanting me to respond.

"It's going to be a while mom. You never told me about the divorce. You sprung it on me and made me move away from Becca. This place doesn't feel like home and I don't want it to be. I don't know anyone."

She sighs, really big, like she knew this would happen. She knows me. She should have been better prepared to help me.

"You have to give everything a chance Kelsey. You can't just expect everything to be perfect. You have to at least try to help yourself. Now, go finish unpacking."

Her voice went from innocent to harsh and stern. I knew I couldn't say anything or she'd keep my phone longer. I walk quickly into the house, because I don't want her to realize anything new that would make everything worse.

I shut the door and hear invisible playing on the radio.

Trust the one Who's been where you are wishing all it was Was sticks and stones Those words cut deep but they don't mean you're all alone And you're not invisible

I flick off the radio and jog up the stairs. The box is still there so I kick the box from the hallway into my room. I shut the door and slide down the frame onto the floor.

"Are you alright?" He asks.

"No, i'm not." I don't care if I talk to people I can't see. They can probably see me so if I cry, they might understand. They might help me, and if i'm lucky, take mom to jail for a few hours. Maybe she'd be understanding about my situation then.

"Why are you so upset?" His voice is so innocent and so pure that it lifts my mood a little just by hearing him talk.

"It's everything. My mom. This situation." I let my voice grow soft. I honestly didn't know how to continue.

"You can talk to me ya know," He sounds like it's an actual option.

"I'd rather talk to you in person without you behind your computer.." I say. I think maybe he'll understand, but he just laughs.

"You honestly think people in the world are that creepy?" He laughs some more and then he's quiet.

"We sometimes yeah. I mean, they killed the last family that lived here!"

"We'll not the whole family," He replied wincing like it was hard for him to say. It should be for anyone who talkes about death, so i'm not suprised.

"How far away are you? I'll meet you somewhere!" I say, thinking he would love to quit watching me on his computer monitor.

"I can't leave the house." These words come out almost emotionlessly.

"I want to see who you are! Please!" I pause. My voice begins to wimper. "Please."

A bright light starts shingling from my poster hung on my closet door. Hunter Hayes looks amazing on the door with all the light, but I shield my eyes. It's to bright to see. All the sudden, my poster steps out from the wall coming to life. He steps towards me at the door and he's see through. It's Hunter. He's here. He was the one of the family that was shot and killed. I assume all these things but with good proof behind me, I don't ask him any questions.

"Now do you see why I couldn't 'come' to see you, or meet you someplace?" I'm not a computer geek." He laughed, "I'm just good with sound boards."