Chapter 2 - Strange Happenings

Mom and I have been on the road for about 2 hours and we arrive onto Red Court, my new street, with the address i'll now have to memorize. We pull up to a house that looks like one of those 'scary house' types with some window ledges coming off, a few broken windows, and peeling paint. At least I know I wont have to talk to anyone because i'll be repairing this house to its 'former glory'. Mom told me on the way here it used to belong to a family that almost had a rising star, but they were all shot in the house. Great thoughts to tell me while we travel to the lovely death bringing, haunted, house of her best liking. 'It's got amazing views and the price was impassable!' I won't say anything, but I think we all can guess why it was cheaper than the average house. The movers have already started setting our stuff into the garage as we pull up. I start to unbuckle my seat belt and feel the heat of my moms eyes on me. I look at her and see her face full of sympathy.

"I sorry you know," she breathes out like she's lifting a fallen burden. "Your home work is on the table inside. Your new teacher sent it over a few days ago."

I nod and open the car door.

"They'll get your bags dear. Just start on your work before it gets too late." I nod again and go in through the garage door. The door creaks just as I expected. Inside it's dark with few lights lit and the floor boards creak with each slow step I take. I'm afraid. Simply afraid. I'm afraid to be here. I'm afraid of the murderers coming back. I'm afraid of being alone. But no one asked me how I felt about any of this, so I just have to do the best I can for the time that I already know I'll be lost.

I walk around the house trying to find the stairs. The stairs finally reveal themselves behind the kitchen wall holding up the cabinets. I climb slowly waiting for something to pop out at me. To fly down into my face, so I walk up peering over the upcoming stairs. The coast looks clear, but I stay near the wall for extra precaution. Thankfully my mom was here last week and sticky notes on all the doors or else I would have made her pay for making me move here by taking the master bedroom with the built in bathroom. The room labeled 'Kel's Room' isn't small, but it's not to big. It has a window seat with a beautiful view. My bed is already in here. along with my desk and TV. I sit at the window seat and pull a book off my desk and start my work. The wind bangs a tree branch against my window scaring me almost to the point of screaming. I decide to listen to music on my iPhone so I press play, and instantly my ears are full of music.

Trust the one

Who's been where you are wishing it was

sticks and stones

Those words cut deep but they don't mean your all alone

And you're not invisible

Hear me out,

There's so much more to life that what you're feeling now

Someday you'll look back on all these days

And all this pain is gonna be invisible

Oh, invisible

The words were just flying out of my mouth during this part.

"Hello Kelsey." A strange voice behind me says.

"Hi?" I turn around and see nothing.

"Where are you?" I walk to the door of my room and see no one. Not even in the hallway. I close the door and lean on it for support.

"Where are you?!" I repeat a little frustrated.

"You can't see me, but I can see you." My breathing support begins to weaken .

"Show me!" I scream. I'm tired of these games!

"No!" The voice screams back and it's gone.