Chapter 6 - Easton Was Here

I just stand in ah. How am I this lucky? I stand to my feet and dust off my pajama pants, as if they could possibly be dirty. I walk over to him where his arms are streched out wide. I walk and wait to feel the contact of his skin on mine, but it never occurs. I open my eyes and see the wall that was behind Hunter. I back up. Where did he go?And then I realize. He's almost see through. I take my hand and place it on his chest. At least where it would have been because my hand falls through. I look at him with sorrow. Why can't I touch him? His answer is instantanious with my thoughts.

"I'm not human Kelsey. I'm not really here."

"So I'm talking to myself? Because thats great too! I'll just go insane!" I drop into my bed and sit there thinking. Listening. Waiting. He says nothing. I put my head in my hands.

"Everything is so messed up. I'm a wreck. I don't know what to do anymore!" I start to cry. Tears roll down my cheek, a new tear replacing the last, every few seconds, when the light behind my hands change. I look up and Hunter is sitting next to me with his imaginary arm over my shoulders.

"Things get better Kels, just give it time and trust me ok?" He voice is smooth, comforting.

"Hunter, I just need to change. I let everything in the past 24 hours turn me into a monster that I have no clue who it belongs to." I turn away and stare at the floor.

No is all he says. I look at him confused.

"What?" I ask.

"Since I'm not really Hunter I don't want you to call me that. I would rather you call me Easton. It's still me, But its not me, if that makes sense?" He laughs a little, probably nerves.

"I like that," I say. And my laptop starts to ring. I lift open the lid and see that Beccas calling me. I look for Hunter or I guess Easton now, to tell him he should hide, but hes already gone.

I breathe out heavily and press answer. I go over to the closet and pull out my guitar.

"Kels?" I hear. She's calling me on facetime for our listening session. I haven't been practicing so I'm a bit nervous, but I enter into the cameras rectangular view.

"Hey Becca!" We laugh a little then she gets close to the screen so only her mouth shows.

"Play for me," she takes a breath and then," I Want Crazy!" Her voice booms as if she were a crazy executive during an audition. "Yes sir!" I reply as careful as possible, playing along. I strum the chords and I feel at peace. This is the most normal thing i've done since we got here.

**************************

I finish my listening session and sign off with Becca. I hear clapping behind me and see Easton clapping his hands.

"That was great, but you know what you need to do, what you need to fix." Easton emotion changes from joy to stern, and knowing. His invisible hand stroking my cheek. He's right. I do know, and I bet, he knows I real-.

"I know you don't want to, but you also know you need to," he said. His palm leaves my cheek, and he fades away.