Chapter 7 - Fixing Us

*******Easton's POV*******

I need to get back to myself. Without my head all together, I'm not really anything. Going back to that house was probably one of the best decisions I've ever made. I just need to join with myself. I find the shack that has been my home. I disappear through the door without it opening, and steer through the halls. I finally find the living room, and I'm almost magnetized to myself. I'm back, and I need to leave.

*******Kelsey's POV*******

Eastons right. He's right about everything. I wish he wasn't. That would mean less work for me, and less stress for my head. I start walking. Talking to no one, I try to convince myself to do it. 'Get over yourself! Can't you see she's hurting too? She's your mom don't let this get in your way!' My mind goes blank. I've reached the bottom of the stairs and there's the horned beast, sitting on the couch with coffee in one hand and a phone in the other.

'You can do it!' I tell myself, and my body keeps walking. Slowly I round the side of the couch, 'You can't do it! Hurry! Turn around!' My head screams in fear, but my body's taken over, and it keeps walking, placing one foot in front of the other. My mother turns.

"Kels?" She questions. "whatcha need?" She looks and my head doesn't move but my body slowly sits.

"Is something wrong?" Her hand starts to lift, but she stops herself, and pulls back. Easton was right. We're both broken. My hands start shaking. I've never not known what to say to my own mother. So, instead of words, my eyes are flooded with tears. She immediately takes me into a hug and the words coming from my mouth are unstoppable.

"Mom, i'm so sorry! I'm not mad anymore. It just took me by suprise! I don't like being mad at you!" I started sobbing, and she only squeezed tighter.

"I know. I know. I'm sorry too ok? Let's just forget about it, as much as we can ok? It wont be the same, but it will be like a huge giant sleepover in a place thats new!" I laughed a little. My moms back. Hopefully I am too.

"Wanna help me make some snadwhiches? We could go for a picnic later?" I nod my head really fast and we both just laugh and walk towards the kitchen. I turn on the radio and Gorillas by Bruno Mars is playing and my mom gives me a bad look. The songs only just started, but I can tell she may not be in the mood for a sexy song about gorilla love. The second the words come her mood changes and shes screaming along with me. This is the mother I loved. This is the mother I wanted back. And finally shes here.

We're almost finished packing and I want Crazy comes on the radio. We both start singing along and finish packing our lunches.

"LET'S BE CRAZYYYYY!" We shout together.

********Easton's POV******

My real body is woken as soon as we join together. He knows little about this girl, only that she needs help. If only he knew her like I do. But minds don't work like that. He has to meet her. He has to save her, not me. He just needs a little help getting out of here. So, we stand, together. We reach for the door knob, but soon he's falling over again and i'm being whipped through the air and through doors and walls like a ghost. I finally stop, right outside Kelsey's kitchen window. They're singing I want Crazy. I remeber when that song went number one. I just watch her dance and sing. I haven't stopped thinking about her, but maybe I should try. We could never be together. She doesn't even know anything about me, except whats on the outside.

I watch Kelsey and her mom walk down to the lake and get in to a canoe they find at the dock and I drift into the water, still unnoticed. I see them talk and hope that I'm not mentioned. I didn't tell Kelsey any of my rules that I agreed to. She could blow the whole thing and ruin everything and not even know it. My thoughts are invaded when Kelsey and her mother fall out of their canoe and Kelsey swims over infront of me. Blocking me? Or just by coincidence? I didn't know the answer until her pinky popped up out of the water and she closed it like a pinky promise. She knows. How does she know? I'll have to wait becasue one of the rules has taken into place, and is whipping me back to Hunter. I strech my neck as long as I can to see as much of her as I can until I'm gone.