Chapter 12 - Finding Us

******Hunter's POV*****

Its been hours of working on this last screw. I hum my new tune making sure to include all my rhythms and notes. I move back and forth to the beat. If i'm going to get out of this hell hole, it at least needs to be in style. I just keep up my work and keep on humming and I finally have a break through. The nail breaks free from the board that kept it trapped for years upon years. I excitedly peel the board up from the floor and I see a shower with its curtain drawn. But as soon as an idea pops in my head, I hear the bathroom door slam shut. I quickly replace the board and lay on my stomach quietly. I fold my arms and rest my head on top. I just have to wait until they leave and then i'm out of here.

*****Kelsey's POV*****

It's been days since i've seen Easton and i'm getting even more worried. So worried in fact, that it might just slip out when I talk to someone. Because it won't sound crazy if I were to say, 'So Easton, whose really a ghost of Hunter Hayes hasn't been back in a few days...' So, I just keep pressing play in my mind for the new song that I wrote. In a way, the song reminds me of Easton. And I guess, it will just have an interlude in the end, because of my serious writers block. I step into my shower and start getting ready for the talent show tonight.

******Hunter's POV******

This guy must have spent an hour in the shower. I have condensation running all along my face from the steam that seeped through the floor. Throughout the hour I feel the floor start to bend inwards. I quickly move just as the floor collapses where I had been laying just moments before. When I look down, the man that was in the shower is unconscious. The shower curtain is slowly falling down from the impact. The man laying in the tub with a board on top of him. I stick my head down, and see a window. It's unlocked and open. Before I can even think, I jumped down on top of the man landing on his arm. I reach for the door handle and lock it. Then jump straight out the window into the dark.

******Kelsey's POV*****

I pace back and forth on the side of the stage. I'm up next and i'm worried as to how the audience will like my new song. I switch the microphone back and forth in my hands and wait for the announcer. 

The audience claps, hoops, and hollers from the last act, as the host starts to speak.    

"Wasn't John and his yo-yos amazing?" He says and the audience claps again. "And now an song by Kelsey Beckman, Where It All Begins! Let's hear it for Kelsey!" And the audience claps again and my feet start moving. I feel the spotlight hit me and I don't feel in control anymore, although I keep moving.

"This is a song I wrote, and although it isn't finished, I still wanted to share it with all of you." I say and smile once i've finished. "So, here we go." I start to sing.

"Well, I didn't know me, like I know me now

Sometimes you gotta get lost so you can get found

I've been scared of the dark

I've been scared of the light," I start to look around more on the stage. My stage fright leaving me.                                                                                                                                                        

"But if you never get knocked down, you'll never learn how to fight

Imagine all of the dreams you're too scared to chase

You spend every last tomorrow looking back on yesterday

I've been where you are so many times before