chapter one

Warning!!! The following content is only suitable for Age range 16 and above. Please if you can't handle violence , kindly skip. Thank you for your support!

"Mimi!""Mimi!" "Mimi!"
She heard her mothers loud screeching voice.she takes off the head phones and quickly hides them under her pillow. She winced as she throws the covers aside, steps out of bed and walks to the door opening it

"Yes mom?"

"Didn't you hear me calling? Why didn't you answer sooner?. Am pretty sure our neighbours heard me".

Mimi sighs she knows better than to argue with her

"I am sorry mom, I was so immersed in my studies I didn't really hear you calling."

Her mother a middle aged woman who is supposed to to be in her early thirties looks like she's in her late seventies is at the foot of the stairs now looking up at her serious face with a slight disgusted look

"You know better than to lie to me young lady! You are going to hell for that!"

She keeps quiet looking down. In all honesty, she hadn't heard her mother call because she had head phones in her ears. Better to be guilty of the lie and go to hell than let her mother know she was listening to 'devil music' that would earn her one week in the repentance room with no food or water.

"Am sorry mother"

"So what were you busy doing that you didn't hear me call?"

"I......um....nothing...."

She twists her hand and bites her lips as she waited for it

"Come down here"

She sighs heavily as her heart thumps. she walks down the stairs and with every creak under her feet, her heart beat increases. Before she gets to the last step, she feels a hot resounding slap across her face and before she had the time to react, another one comes and another and another. She gets dragged her by the collar roughly as she repeated in her head pleasingly 'no no no no please not there please' and thrown into the 'repentance' room.

"You! stay here for three days and reflect on your actions! You think now you are sixteen, you can do whatever you want? You are now growing wings now abi? That i your mother who carried you for nine months will call you and you will have the mind to ignore me just because you want to? Stay in there, read and study the bible which says to only your parents. You are slowly deviating but I won't let a sinner be under my roof!"

With that, she slammed the door and walked away. Mimi rubs her face wincing . Her face is starting to swell from the slaps earlier. Taped to the wall is about a hundred verses from the bible quoting that children should obey their parents not just that, there's one for fornication, sin, lies, stealing, jealousy, converting what others have and others that she hasn't even got to. She looked around the room. Its a small four corner room, there's an alter containing a red and white candle, with a picture of jesus at the head. Then there are about three different versions of the bible. Every corner of the wall is plastered with different bible pages. The room is just big enough for her to sit and stretch her legs. She is sitting, her back to the wall, burying her head in her knees as she wraps her hands around them sobbing as quietly as she can. If she dares cries out loud, he will be locked in there for more than three days. And she doesn't want that. Things weren't always like this.................