chapter four

Sorry guys for the late update! Lately I have been busy so please forgive me. I'll keep posting for you guys as much as I can, and as time would allow. Thank you always for your love and support always!

As usual, her mother had given her, her school work, locked her in and gone to work. She had just finished part of the school work and was feeling hungry. So she walked down to the kitchen to grab the food her mom already served in the microwave. She had just had two bites at the dining table, when a knock from the door distracts her. She  froze in her seat.

'Who was that?' ' could she be hearing things?' Or ...???

She looked over from the dining room towards the entrance door. Maybe she really was    imagining things.
She sighs and goes back to eating. Another spoonful and she hears the knock again this time, followed by a young female voice

"I know you're in there, don't be a dick and open the door already. It's getting annoying standing on here!"

She kept shaking and banging on the door. Scared, mimi leaves her food, she didn't know what to do, how does she reply? She tiptoed as silently as she could, trying to leave the sitting room altogether and that was when the knob of the door started rattling. Followed by a click and the door pushed open!

She hastened her footsteps and hid under the stairs her heart thumped so loud, she was afraid it would jump out of her chest. 'Is this a break in? What should she do? Her hands were shaking so was her breathing. She squats down covering her mouth with her hands, tears slipping out of her eyes!

She heard the tap tap tap of her footsteps as she walked in

Young woman: "Rob! Rob!! Jeez what the hell? Its so dark in here what's all these tinted windows and... "

her voice trailed off.  There was silence only her footsteps were heard. Mimi was so scared to take a peek to see what she was doing. But she could hear her walk to the dining, pick the food up and put it back on the table and walk towards the the stairs. Mimi scootches further back into the stairs and accidentally stepped on the buckle of a sandal that was there. She yelps out in pain before she could stop her self. She holds in her breath but it was already too late because in the next second the young woman found her hiding

Young woman:   "there you are!"

She said with the prettiest smile. She was gorgeous! Her earrings,  hair, outfit, make up and cologne screamed  mature, fun and sexy.

"You are not Rob and apparently, I am an idiot"

The surprise on her face was even more elaborate in her voice
Mimi just sits there blinking scared, she pulls back further but the young woman sits in front of her, stretches out her hand and smiles warmly at her

     "Hi, my name is Adora, you can call me Dora, all my friends do. "

Mimi says nothing and just looks down hugging her knees. Without any warning, Adora grabs her hand in a friendly handshake but mimi quickly withdraws her hands and moves an inch away Adora smiled and scootches even closer to her.

Adora: "Sorry to startle you. I think I accidentally broke into your apartment thinking it's my friend's. He's been living here a long time, but i have never visited. And, i think i wasn't listening when he was telling me which particular number it was my bad! By the way, won't you tell me your name? You look pretty."

That must have gotten her attention thought Adora because she raised her head a little but she says nothing so Adora continues

     '"we seem to be of thesame age! I am seventeen. How long have you lived here? Rob speaks a lot about his house and neighbours but he's never mentioned you which is weird or did you just move in?"

She doesn't say anything and goes back to looking at the ground.

"This is the part where you speak to me, its kinda weird hearing only myself talk"

Mimi slowly raised up her head looking at that beautiful face. It was very surprising that she is a year older. She looked way too mature. Compared to her, she was a real life plain jane literally!!. She doesn't wear jewelries and all her clothes are earth toned either khaki brown or charcoal colour. There was no colour in the house curtains walls, plate rack, plates and other utensils were plain cream, white or black. She envied Adora not only for how glamorous she looked, but also, her extrovert personality. She could easily adapt anyway  and would be fun to be friends with
'Friends'
That word hit her hard she hadn't had one of those in a very long time. Maybe this is her chance, She swallows and turns to Adora taking her hand. Her brain told her this was a bad idea and would earn her a month in the repentance room if her mother ever finds out but her head couldn't stop her heart. She wanted no NEEDED to be friends with Adora.

   '' my name is mimi and i am 16''