Chapter 4:

"no please! i've loved you for so long." "i'm sorry, i have to go. maybe one day you'll find someone." i feel a tear slip on my cheek as i watch the movie, the actress weeping as the actor leaves her. my phone buzzes, and my popcorn nearly flies out of my hands.

poopy<3: "hey, i'm just looking at Dream's twitter, and ngl his past few tweets are kinda sus..."

me: "how?"

poopy<3: "seems like things that you've done with the blond"

me: "true, but maybe they're just coincidental"

poopy<3: "ok, but you might wanna check your socials just in case"

i frown and pause the movie before i check twitter. i read his last tweet and realization dawns over me. wait, poppy is right. his tweets are awfully similar to what has happened with clay and i.

i read some replies, mostly jokes and funny things. i sigh and set down my phone, now uninterested in my movie. its the weekend, i'm supposed to have fun, yet now i'm obsessing over a guy and a famous youtuber.

i slip on my shoes, and i head outside. i smile as the warm comforting sweatshirt i have on warmed me up. i sit on my lawn, the moon shining down at me. i smile as i stare up at the moon, thinking about how pretty it looks. 

some people who are on late night walks pass by, and my heart stops. i probably look so dumb. i don't want to get up, so i just stay where i am, looking down and picking the grass. i hear footsteps stop near me, and i close my eyes. please go away.

but they don't continue walking. instead, they come closer until they're right next to me. i don't want to look up but i hear a very familiar chuckle. i look up and see clay staring right at me. "hello." he greets and i feel myself hesitate.

"hi." i say quietly and he points to a spot next to me. "mind if i sit here?" he asks and i shake my head. he sits down and i feel his warmth. i can tell my cheeks are getting pink and i cover them with the sleeves of my sweatshirt. "so... what are you doing here?" "um... just looking at the stars," i answer, my voice slightly shaking.

he nods and looks up at the moon. "it's pretty isn't it? sometimes i like to just look at it too. and the stars as well." he comments and i softly laugh. "i... sometimes i just sit here for a while." i hear him shift and turn to look at me. his gaze softens and i look at him. 

clay's eyes avert to my hoodie and his breath hitches. i look down at it and i feel the realization sweep through me. i gulp and look back at him. "you're uh... wearing the sweatshirt i gave you." he quietly observes and i nervously nod.

"sorry i- do you want it back?" i say, starting to take off the sleeve. clay's hand touches my arm and i stop. i feel my breath intensify and i look at him, my whole entire body feeling like i'm levitating. what is happening?

"no, it's okay. you can keep it." clay assures and i stop and look at the grass. "so... how did you find me?" i ask him and he smiles. "well, obviously i'd have to live around here." he says and i nod, feeling a bit stupid. "well yeah... but how did you know it was me sitting here?"

clay hesitates and shrugs. "well, you were wearing my hoodie and... i guess i knew it was you... uh, because-." he stammers and i smile, obliviously. i find it cute when he stammers. well actually, i find everything cute about this guy.

"it's okay... well, i guess you know where i live." i laugh and he chuckles. "yeah i guess i do." i stare up at the stars again, seeing a constellation. "look, it's a constellation." i point and clay smiles. "really? i don't really look into them that much." "my parents taught me when i was really little." i explain.

he nods and we sit in silence, staring at the sky. then i feel him start to sigh. "uh... do you want to maybe... hang out? like whenever you're free or something." he asks suddenly, and i get caught off guard.

"what-?" i ask, completely shocked. clay opens his mouth but closes it, shaking his head. "oh, um, neverm-." "sure!" i exclaimed, cutting him off. he looks at me a bit surprised and i grin at him, most likely looking like an idiot. "wha- okay. uh, do you wanna share numbers so that we can talk it out?" he asks and i nod, pulling out my phone.

i shakily type in his number, and i smile as we both get up. he laughs as he takes another look at my- or no, his hoodie and he side hugs me. his movements make me not prepared and i awkwardly return the hug, stomach filled with butterflies.

he walks off, and waves and i return the movement before rushing inside. the warm air rushes on me and i shut the door, leaning against it. i breathe in and out loudly, my body shaking with emotion. did that really just happen? i smile and look down at my phone, seeing his contact name.

i close my eyes and run to my couch, yelling with glee. i hurriedly text poppy.

me: "POPPY"

poopy<3: "yes"

me: "I JUST GOT HIS NUMBER"

poopy<3: "WAIT WHAT, HOLD THE PHONE"

me: "HE SAID THAT WE CAN TALK ABOUT HANGING OUT SOON AND IM SO FREAKED OUT"

poopy<3: "OMG GIRL YOU JUST GOT YOURSELF A DATE"

me: "IT'S NOT A DATE... WE'RE JUST HANGING OUT FOR FUN"

poopy<3: "MHM, SUREEE"

i roll my eyes playfully and scoff. i head to the shower to rinse off all the dirt on my body, and i slightly smile as i look myself in the mirror. today i don't look as bad as i thought i would. i peel my eyes away and change into pajama pants and a big t-shirt.

i go on my phone, scrolling through twitter before going on instagram. i see a few new posts and i like them before checking the time and shutting my phone off. i get a message from clay and i open my eyes and hurriedly check it.

clay: "good night :)"

i nearly explode from the amount of serotonin i feel. never in my life had i ever gotten such a kind 'good night'. i shakily text back, a massive grin on my face. 

me: "night night"

i shut off my phone for good and stare at my ceiling, thoughts running wildly. i finally sleep after what seems like forever of just thinking, my eyes closing, a smile still on my face.

TWITTER NOTIFICATION:

@dreamwastaken2: i like stargazing :)