Chapter 22:

A/N: there will be a TINY mature scene, but don't worry my innocent children, it won't be that long :) 

(sorry guys, not a dreamxreader scene 😔) (also, i need your guys' opinion: should i do smut...?)

the first thing i notice when i walk into the house is the music. the loud booming music that vibrates through my body and i look around. the house is filled with lights and massive crowds of people and i look in disbelief. how many friends does poppy have?

clay glances behind at me before he pulls me towards a spot where not a lot of people are hanging out. "so-." he starts but i strain forward since i can't hear him that well. "what?" "i said-." he tries again but i cup my head and beckon for him to lean down to my ear. clay lets out a small huff and leans down.

"so, is this the party poppy invited you to?"

"yeah... kinda thought it was going to be a chill one."

"keyword thought."

i let out a small giggle and clay leans back up, smiling. i look around before i spot poppy's eyes glancing around. i wave a bit and she comes rushing, hugging me. "HEY!" she exclaims loudly. i hug her back and smile widely. "HI!" 

"oh my god, i can't believe how gorgeous you look!" poppy gushes and i laugh. "thanks! you look gorgeous too!" poppy is wearing a black dress, with spaghetti straps. it compliments her curves and it fits nicely on her, rising up to her mid-thighs. "damn girl, where did you get this?" i ask her and poppy flips her hair. "oh, you know, just online shopping." i raise my eyebrows, surprised that she actually found a dress from the internet that fits perfectly.

clay clears his throat and i turn to him. "so i'm gonna get a drink. what do you want?" "i'll be fine with sprite," i tell him and poppy punches my arm. i turn back to her and watch in the corner of my eye as clay starts to leave. "a sprite?! girl i did not invite you to this party expecting you completely sober." i laugh and shake my head. "poppy, clay is going to get drunk and i will have to drive him home, trust me." "didn't you say he doesn't drink??" i pause and poppy raises an eyebrow.

we see clay make his way back, him holding a water bottle and a can of sprite. as soon as he hands the can to me, poppy snatches it. "i'm making you a drink, c'mon." i watch as she pulls on my arm. i throw a confused look at clay who only chuckles as he unscrews his bottle.

when we reach the kitchen, people are already making out on the dirty counters and poppy huffs. "CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELF, GODDAMN!" she yells and everyone glances at her, apologetically. to my surprise, some start to clear random cups and trash, and poppy grabs a vodka bottle. "someone better not has chugged this straight out of the bottle or else i'm smashing it over their head." she mutters and i watch, a bit worried. who struck her nerve?

she mixes the vodka and sprite, adding a small lime in the edge of the cup. she hands me the cup and i look at her hesitantly. "try it." poppy encourages and i sigh before taking a sip. the sharp flavor makes me instantly want to spit it out but i swallow it.

the familiar sprite taste makes it less hard to drink it and poppy looks at me eagerly. "so..?" "it tastes like sh!t, but not as bad." i deadpan and watch poppy narrow her eyes at me. "fine, be a wimp and drink that sprite." i laugh at her reaction and she rolls her eyes, although she smiles. "if you're not going to drink it, i will." "i'll drink it, but i'm not getting another one." poppy only shrugs before a girl taps her shoulder. i see them hug and i notice that they look awfully similar. "oh, y/n, this is my older sister." 

i look at the girl and i smile, handing out my hand. "hi!" "hello! it's so nice to meet you!" i hear the sweetness coming from her and it makes me feel happy. poppy's older sister already gives off good vibes. we chat for a moment longer before poppy drags her sister somewhere. i head back to clay and see a girl talking with him.