Chapter 10:

A/N: over 700 views?? DANG, TY TO EVERYONE VERY MUCH! <33 :) 

i look myself in the mirror, watching as my hand gently glides against the side of my thigh. the meds are working just a bit, and i force my eyes off. i'm wearing a white graphic tee, tucked. underneath is a black long-sleeve. i also have gray ripped boyfriend jeans on, along with a few rings and chains and i smoothed out my jeans before grabbing my phone and texting clay.

me: "are you ready?"

clay: "jesus give me a sec to wake up"

i frown and check the time. 11:28 am.

me: "WAKE UP YOU SLEEPY HEAD"

clay: "go away"

me: "WAKE UP WAKE UP CLAYYY"

clay: "god, ok, i'm up"

i smile and lean against my desk.

me: "thank god"

clay: "you ready?"

me: "yessirr"

clay: "lmao ok give me a few to get ready"

i wait, going on twitter and liking a few tweets. i set down my phone and head to the kitchen to grab a piece of toast. when i finish eating, my phone chimes and i check it.

clay: "i'm coming over rn"

me: "okay"

i quickly grab a few things and wait outside. suddenly, i see his car pull up to the front. i wave and smile, hurrying in. as i take a quick look at clay's outfit. he's wearing some black sweats, with a gray hoodie. clearly one of us took the time and effort, and the other threw on random things.

i nearly snicker and he notices. "what..?" "well i- nevermind." i say, putting my hands on my lap. clay raises an eyebrow and shrugs. he turns around and backs the car out. i can't help but glance at him while he's doing it. i swallow and face forward, urging myself to calm down.

as soon as we're on the road, he starts chatting. "so... mall first?" "yep." i quickly answer and i look out the window. as soon as we get to the mall, i tense up a bit before trying to calm myself down. the door swooshes open as we enter, the cool air washing over me.

i watch as the mall reveals it's usual beauty and the massive amount of people. i start walking, clay right behind me. we get into this one store, which i always shop at. i go straight to the crewneck section, my favorite section. clay wanders off into the men's section as i grab two crewnecks.

one of them is a gray collared one, a picture of white daisies in the front. the other one is a light blue, with a small moon at the top. i find clay and i see him leaning against a wall, on his phone. i roll my eyes and slap his arm, surprising him. "c'mon. also... aren't you gonna find something?" i say and he looks around before shrugging and pushing off the wall. "nah,  i'm okay."

we pay before we head out of the store. clay immediately spots a pretzel place and he nearly drags me towards it. we both get something. i get pretzel bites and a small serving of creamcheese. i dip it and nearly cry as i taste it. it tastes so damn good.

clay nearly chokes on his food as he watches me, clearly trying to hold in his laughter. although i can see him staring at me as i melt over pretzels, i ignore him. nobody gets between my pretzels and me. when we're done, we wander the mall, making jokes and checking inside stores.

after a few hours, we're both pooped and we decide to leave. i check the time and see that it's 3:45 pm. "it's almost 4... what do you want to do?" i ask clay and he shrugs. suddenly, an idea popped up in my head and i blurt it out. "let's go stargazing! we should get take-out and snacks and find somewhere to look up, like my backyard for example!" i look at him as he stares at me, a small smile playing on his lips.