Chapter 18:

(fluff chapppp for you guys :P)

i walk out of the bathroom to clay's room to see him sitting on the edge of his bed, on his phone. i smile slightly and grab my bag. "i'm gonna go shower..." i say, trailing off. clay's head snaps up and he looks at me. "like you said... don't get any ideas." i giggle and rush out the room before he can chase me down. i get inside the bathroom and lock the door before slipping out of my clothes and heading inside the shower.

i take about 20 minutes, stalling. i also can't decide whether i should wear my laced set or my neutral. i finally decide on neutral, since i'm sure nothing will happen... 

i change into my sweatpants and my big t-shirt before i start my skincare. by the time i'm finished, i'm exhausted as i check the time. it's nearly 12. so how come it feels like it's 3 am? i shrug it off and head back into clay's room. he's on his bed fully now, laying down. he's changed into a hoodie and sweatpants.

he's watching something on the tv i didn't know he had in his room before he glances up at me. "oh- hey." he says and his eyes rake my body. i swallow and sit on his chair, straddling it. i cross my arms on top of the chair and i rest the side of my head on my arms. "so... you're just gonna sleep there?" clay asks and i look at him before shrugging. "i don't know... you decide since it's your house after all."

"all right, easy decision. get over here?"

"wait- what?"

"you're sleeping in my bed, duh."

"oh, i am?"

"you literally just said that i decide. so my decision is for you to get your a!s over here."

"but this chair is comfy."

i grin slightly as clay's annoyed face appears. "y/n." he says, a bit harsh and i sigh before peeling myself from the chair. "idiot." i mumble as i flop on the very edge of his bed. his arms touch my waist and he tries to drag me up, but i make myself as limp as possible.

i hear him slightly sigh before pulling me a bit harder. it kinda hurts but i feel like annoying him. i close my eyes, trying to stop a smile from appearing on my face. "y/n, what are you doing?" clay finally asks and i shrug. "i'm sleeping on your bed as you decided." "no, why are you acting so limp and dead? is your soul finally showing?" he asks and i immediately bounce up, looking at him with an offended face.

i know clay is joking, but i'm going along with it. "says you." "what do you mean??" he asks and looks up at me. i bite my tongue, trying to find something to say. "exactly." clay finishes and smiles slightly at me, his smugness radiating off of him.

"your ego is so astronomical that i'm scared of it." i finally say, slightly cringing at my terrible come-back. but clay takes it differently. "wait- are you serious? cause everyone always says something about my ego..." he questions and i look into his bright eyes. they're held with a small amount of curiosity and humor.

"yes," i respond and watch as his eyes shift. they're now serious and slightly offended. "i- what? okay, i may seem cocky, but i don't have a massive ego like some chad dude or something." clay defends himself and i hold back my laughter, snorting.

he stops and looks at me, a bit confused. finally, i can't hold it in anymore, and i burst out, all the air knocked out of my lungs. "chad?? CHAD??" "do you not know what a 'chad' is?" clay asks and i shake my head. "i know what a chad is but- did you really compare yourself to a chad??"

clay mumbles and he shakes his head. "whatever, shush." "also... i was joking," i inform him and he almost lets out a sigh of relief. i smile and snuggle closer to him as he shuts off the tv. we stay quiet, our breaths filling the air.