Chapter 14:

A/N: there's gonna be some like SCARY hostage situation thingy in here so you are warned :) (not that scary but like it's gonna be in here)

clay: "gooood morning:)"

i yawn as my eyes open slowly, adjusting to the light. i look to my phone and pick it up, reading the message. i feel a tired smile spreading on my face and i start texting him back.

me: "morningg"

i chew my nail, watching as he starts typing. 

clay: "about that date, when do you want it to happen?"

me: "mmm tomorrow?"

clay: "why not today?"

me: "bc i have work and it's better if we do saturday so we have the whole entire day :)"

clay: "ok cutie"

i feel my heart flutter and i sigh. i set my phone away and i get up to get ready. i rub my eyes and throw on some boyfriend jeans and the daisies crewneck i had bought. i just wear a necklace and get ready to do my makeup.

i'm doing my mascara when i hear a sudden ring from my phone. i get up to grab it and see that it's clay. i smile and prop it up on my table so that he can see me getting ready. i feel excited for some reason and i pick up.

first thing i hear is clay yelling at something and then he sighs. "oh hello." he greets and i can see only his ceiling. i look back at him and roll my eyes. "hello to you too." i say back and finish putting on my mascara. i pull back and ruffle my hair a bit and i notice that clay moves his phone so that i can see him.

and he's watching me.

i feel a bit embarrassed and i laugh nervously. "wha- do i have something on my face?" i ask him and clay shakes his head. "no." "then why are you looking at me?" he chuckles and i stare, oblivious.

clay leans in a bit closer to the phone and he smiles softly. "i'm looking because you look very pretty today." i feel myself blush and i look away, playing with the mascara bottle. "oh-um, thanks..." i stammer, and force myself to look around in my makeup bins, trying to ignore him.

"you're blushing."

"i- no i'm not."

"yes you are, i can see it."

"shut up..."

he laughs and i grumble, before applying a light pink gloss. clay still watches and i look at him, rolling my eyes. "quit staring." he laughs. "or what?" i stay still, not knowing what to say next. "i don't know..." i mumble and i hold back my laughter.

i hear clay lean back and continue doing whatever he's doing. i play with my hair, feeling myself gain confidence. i smile and i see clay glancing at me. if he keeps looking, i can put on a show. i watch as he chuckles. i stop and pick up the phone. then, i proceed to throw it in my trashcan, which is filled with nothing but paper. i then walk away, hearing clay groan. "y/n!" he yells and i ignore him.

i come back in my room a few minutes later and see that he hung up. oh. i grab it and wipe it clean with a few paper towels before i go to text him. 

me: "sorry"

clay: "for what?"

me: "for pranking you :/"

clay: "when you threw me into the trash?"

me: "yeah..."

clay: "i don't mind it, but thanks for showing me your home town!"

i gasp and laugh. oh it's on.