Chapter 5:

TW: verbal abuse/groping

i shiver as my wet hair clings onto my shoulder as i look for something to wear. i grab a  black long-sleeve turtleneck, and i look for a graphic tee, putting that over the turtleneck. then i grab some ripped boyfriend jeans and tried it on. i had taken my meds prior, so i wasn't too critical on my looks.

i smile as i wear a few rings and necklaces to go along. i grab my phone and i hover over clay's contact. should i really talk to him? i click on our messages and i start to type something out. soon after, i delete it. then i restart again. and then i deleted it again.

this goes on for a while, my brain stuttering as i'm trying to figure out a good way to introduce a conversation. i pick at my fingers and finally just type a small greeting.

me: "morning! how are you doing so far?"

i send the message and rub my forehead, my anxiety slowly rising. not a few minutes later, my phone chimes, and i hurriedly check it. 

clay: "i'm doing good, wbu?"

me: "i'm doing good too, i'm about to hang with my friend"

clay: "that seems fun! where you are guys going to?"

me: "maybe like a shopping center? or somewhere in town"

clay: "i haven't been in town for a while"

me: "same"

the whole entire we've been talking, my face has been split into a grin, my eyes shining as i read his message multiple times. i put my phone in my pocket, and i head to my living room to chill for a bit before poppy picks me up. i head on twitter and like some of Dream's tweets.

as i'm looking at the comments, one reply makes me furrow my brows.

@wilLa_taken: when he's tall and blond 😳

tall... and blond? that's exactly like clay. i shake my head. how can- it can't be real, surely not. but a little voice in the back of my head pushes me to believe that it somehow can be him. well... maybe i should see if dream sounds similar to clay.

i go on youtube and search up his channel before i sigh and click on a video. as soon as its about to play, someone knocks on my door. i get up and check it, seeing its poppy. i open the door and she launches herself at me. "HEY!" she greets and i smile and hug her back.

"hey!" "so, you ready for our AMAZING trip??" she exclaims and i nod, grabbing my bag and we head out, and i sit in the passenger seat. poppy gets in and turns the engine on. "so where are we headed to?" i ask her, and she shrugs. "wherever my girl wants to. you know, you need to get out more often." she points out and i roll my eyes, smiling. "i do go out, what do you mean??"

poppy stares at me before shaking her head and backing out. "mhm, SURE" i scoff and we both erupt in laughter. we finally decide on a quick cafe stop before going to malls to look around.

when we get to the cafe, poppy frowns. a group of guys, 4 of them, are sitted directing near the door and i shift, feeling uncomfortable. there are barely anyone in the cafe, since it's kinda early. the guys look at us and start whispering.

i swallow, trying to pull my shirt down as far as possible. poppy notices my uncomfortableness, and she nudges me. "we can go to a different one if you want." she whispers and glances at the guys, who are still staring. i shake my head and forcefully smile at her. "let's just get our coffees and get out of here." i whisper back and she sighs and nods.

i try my hardest not to move too much and i hear the guys laughing and still staring at us. we're the only ones in line, the cashier nowhere to be found. i look at my phone anxiously before glancing at the guys. i make eye-contact with one of them and they wink before i snap my eyes back to poppy.

she's looking equally uncomfortable and we feel a presence behind us. poppy bravely looks and i see the slight fear flash her eyes before she looks at me and whispers in my ear. "one of them is behind us." i freeze, and feel my heart race up.

after a bit, i feel something slightly touch my butt, and i turn around swiftly and see one of the guys, the one that looks the creepiest right behind me, his hand... very close to my body.

i hold my breath and i move closer to poppy, who looks behind us one more and wraps an arm around my back, holding me steady. my hands are slightly shaking and i want to ask where the cashier is. 

the guy behind us chuckles and finally speaks. "what's a pretty lady like you doing this early?" he asks, his voice painfully raspy. i swallow and ignore him, or i try to. poppy shifts and the guy laughs again and talks to his friends. "hey kyle, get over here." he beckons and a chair squeaks as one guy heads over here.

i hear a commotion in the kitchen and i pray that the cashier or at least someone would check on us. the guy and his other friend kyle stand in line, no doubt staring at poppy and i's butt. finally, after what seems like years, the cashier runs out, looking frenzied. the guys immediately back away and it's like a burst of relief flow through me.

poppy drags me forward and we order our coffees, the cashier apologizing multiple times. "let's just go as soon as we get our things, alright?" poppy mumbles to me and i nod, shaking a bit. our coffees are handed and we rush out the door, only to hear the guys start to follow us.

i nearly trip as i'm speed-walking to poppy's car. as soon as i reach her car, i regain my breath and wait for the familiar chirp, signaling that she had unlocked the car. but it never comes. i turn around alarmed, and widen my eyes as i see poppy talking to the guys, some of them holding her side and arms.

i set my coffee down on a nearby bench and run, literally run, to poppy and grab her and pull her, adrenaline taking over. poppy nearly flies out of the men's grip and i pull her close to me, feeling her shivers against my own.

"are you okay?!" i ask her, concerned. poppy nods and the guys all erupt in laughter. i shift my gaze towards them and i try to head back to poppy's car, but they stop us, running ahead and into my way. "where do you think you're going with beautiful here?" one of them asks, and i swallow.

i open my mouth but nothing comes out. some of the guys laugh and i shut my mouth, trying to move around them. they all block me. i want to whine and cry, my legs nearly giving up under me. i tighten my grip around poppy and she clings onto me, shooting death glares.

"where you going princess? why don't you let us hit some of that beautiful, tight,-" i let poppy go for a second and i swing my fist at him, hitting his stomach, making him double over. i shakily stand back, my fist for sure bruised.

how- i have never, ever, punched someone. i stare at him, and poppy holds onto my arm and drags me away from the group. i don't realize it, but whimpers are flooding out of my mouth and the rest of the guys are staring at me, dark looks in their faces. 

i yelp as i feel something touch my shoulder and i swing around, almost bringing up my fist again. i stop as i see green eyes staring at me, comforting me. his hands shoot out to hug me and i go in willingly, feeling my emotions go wild.

poppy stands nearby, glancing between us and the guys. "who are you?" one of the guys call out, still a bit away. clay pulls back and he looks at them. "i'm clay. who are you?" he says, and the guy laughs, his friends already walking away. "tell your gorgeous little sl*t that her butt is fantastic!" he shouts and he walks away, following his friends.

i feel clay's grip tighten a bit before he releases me. poppy rushes forward, hugging me. i cry into her shoulder, and feel her slightly shake into me. "are you guys okay?" clay asks, and i nod. poppy pulls away, wiping her eyes. "we should just uh... stay home." she suggests and i nod again.

"i can come with you guys..." clay quietly suggests, and i feel myself look at him with blurry eyes and nod. poppy wraps her jacket around my waist and leads me back to her car, picking up my coffee and throwing it away. well, that was a waste of coffee. 

clay heads back to his car and follows us as we head to my house. i sniff and wipe my tears, the moments before constantly coming back. i sigh as i look out the window, playing with my fingers before exhaustion creeps into me, my adrenaline slowly fading. i close my eyes and let the silence lure me to sleep.

TWITTER NOTIFICATION:

@Dream: sometimes, society can be out to ruin you in the worst ways possible.