valentine's day special:

A/N: enjoy <3 (ignore the fact that I'm a bit late)(by a bit i mean more than 24 hours o.o)

"clay!" i shout, wondering where he could have gone. i nearly trip over all the boxes in our room as i head downstairs. "dream! minecraft man!" i sigh exasperatedly. it's been less than a week since we've moved in together in a new house, and this man has been running errands all over town like a maniac. not to mention the fact that it's valentine's day. i wouldn't say that i want something from clay, since i haven't had time to give him anything. 

'there's a deal for a new flat screen tv!' he would say, or, 'we need new ikea shelves! patches is going to break all of our shelves in the next three days or so!' did patches ever break any of the shelves? no. is clay doing this so he doesn't have to unpack? yes.

i sigh again, pinching the bridge of my nose. "i swear to god, clay, this is getting ridiculous! where have you gone off to again? home depot? what are you, a fifty-year-old dad?" i roll my eyes, talking to no one. i glance down at the mess in the living room, feeling myself cringe.

pulling my phone out, my finger hovers over Clay's contact. i press call and let it ring. clay finally decides to pick up on the third ring. "hey-." my tone is harsh as i cut him off.  "get your shrek ass home, now." clay just laughs in response.

"i'm getting us dinner, i'll be home in a second." i let out a frustrated noise. "you said that four hours ago! you told me that you're going to take patches to the vet and that you'd be home afterward. where are you now?" i began to faster pace around the room slightly glancing at everything in the tell room and all over the floor.

"as i said, dinner." he bluntly responds. i let out another frustrated noise before i flop down on a random plastic chair. i frown down at the chair, confused. "when did we get a plastic chair?" i mutter before clearing my throat. "i'm giving you thirty minutes before i'm throwing you out of the house for tonight." i warn.

clay lets out a noise. "that's not fair! what do you want me to do, yell at the chef to hurry up?" "i don't know, maybe! or, or, you could have come home earlier. ever thought about that?" i snort.

"i'll hurry up, okay? patches wants to get home too, so you're not the only one." "well, at least patches got to go with daddy on a field trip while mommy was stuck playing this fun toy called a vacuum," i grumble, picking at a speck of dust on my pants. "has patches ever heard of another fun toy called a mop?"

clay muffles his chuckle, sighing. "you're so dumb, y/n. see you soon, okay? i love you." he hums. i feel my lips pull down. "i love you too, green tea." i sigh out. i pull the phone away from my ear, frowning at the wall in front of me. "does he even like green tea?" i shrug, leaning back into the chair.

for a plastic chair, it's surprisingly comfy. i stare out the living room window, watching as the nearby trees sway to a silent melody. i sigh, closing my eyes. i'll just take a quick nap, just to rest my eyes...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

the first thing i feel is something soft. the texture brushes over my cheek before disappearing. i feel my eyes twitch as i start to wake up. a different texture brushes over my eyelids, soft and warm. i immediately open my eyes, blinking.

clay blinks right back at me, his face millimeters away. "what- clay?" i yelp, surprised. i glance around, noticing that i'm still on the stupid plastic chair. "good morning- or should i say goodnight?" clay smiles at me, his expression bright.

"you should say none of those," i muttered, stretching. i feel my shirt lift up, and i watch through squinted eyes as clay looks at the sliver of skin on display. i can see his throat bob before he clears his throat.