Chapter Thirty Two...

Chapter thirty two...

*Alexis's POV*

I stood in the living room, horrified. I had no idea what to do, my birthday was days away, how could I be sure that he wouldn't hurt her before then.
I threw my phone at the TV, resulting in my phone falling to pieces and the TV screen cracking.
"Oh for fucks sakes." I groaned, before picking up the pieces of my phone and putting them back together. I held down the on button hoping to god that it would turn on.

"Please turn on, I don't need this right now." I prayed, as I closed my eyes and held the phone between my two hands as if in prayer.
"Ughhh!" I yelled, before throwing it again.

"Wow Alexis, what did that phone ever do to you?" I heard from behind me.
Spinning around, I glared at Asher.
"How dare you show your face after what you've done." I yelled, subtly placing my hand on the holster that held my gun.

He looked confused, "Oh, sorry, I knocked, but the door mustn't have been latched properly, because it opened and I heard you yelling." He defended himself, holding his hands up in surrender.

"You know that's not what I'm talking about, I'm talking about Holly!"
"Luca's Holly?" he clarified, "I haven't seen her since she slapped him in the coffee shop." He confessed, "I actually came here to apologise, that was a low blow, but it was his idea."

"Cut the bullshit, I know you've taken her." I yelled, sick of his lies.
"Taken her? I just told you I haven't seen her!" He looked more confused than ever.

I shoved her phone in his face, "Explain this then."

His face morphed from confusion to anger as he read the message.
"And your first assumption is that it was me," He concluded, before smirking, "Well that's unfortunate, for you..." He turned around and walked towards the door.
"Where are you going?" I asked, sliding holly's phone into my back pocket as I followed him.

"I'm going to find out who took her." He told me, as if it were obvious.

"Why would you do that?"
"To prove my innocence of course, you may think I'm the bad guy, but I would never hurt a pregnant woman."
"Lain was pregnant," I told him, feeling my anger rise even higher.
"Lain?" He repeated, as if it were the question to an answer he didn't know.

"At the prom, you know, the night of your ridiculous gun fight. She was pregnant, and now her baby is dead."
He looked upset at hearing that, but I couldn't bring myself to believe it was genuine.
"I'm sorry, I didn't know, that night didn't entirely go to plan." He confessed.

I opened my mouth to tell him that I didn't believe him, but he interrupted me, "Obviously my apology doesn't mean anything, regardless of that I say, the baby died and there is nothing I can do to bring them back, but there is something I can do, and that is help you find Holly. So I'll do just that." And with that, he walked out the front door.

I stayed where I was; I had to at least consider that Asher was telling the truth, I had to keep an open mind, only to not miss any information.
I considered going to Dom's, like Luca asked, and decided against it, I couldn't tell anyone about the phone call, all I could do was hope that either whoever took her, was willing to keep their word, or Asher would somehow pull through and get her back, even if it was all just a rouse to get me to trust him.

The days went by slowly, Lain came by to help me with the decorations the night before the party.
She asked where Holly was and I had to lie and say that she was just at Aunt Graces, but would be back for the party.

She didn't question it.
I wished she did, but why would she; nothing seemed out of the ordinary.

"So have you talked to Dom recently?" She asked casually, as she filled up a balloon with helium.
"Nope," I answered, hoping she wouldn't press on.

"I know that you blame him for the stuff that happened,"

I turned around on the chair I was standing on, pausing my balloon hanging.

"I know you blame him for Danny, and for Brittany." She continued.
I cut her off, "Everything bad that has happened since moving here, other than my mum's crash, has a twisted way of coming back to him. I know he's not a bad guy, but his whole world is fucked up, all the care about is their 'family'" I told her, dropping my balloons to do finger quotes around the word 'family'.

"Even Lorenzo, who I love dearly, is involved in it all, what am I supposed to do Lain? Ignore it all and just hope that nothing happens to Jake? Holly's already involved, and as much as he pretends he can take care of her, while Luca is involved with Asher how can he be so sure! I mean I don't even know who has her right now and obviously neither does he!" I yelled angrily.

The only noise in the room was me breathing deeply from my outburst.
Lain was unusually silent.

I stood on the chair catching my breath, before realizing what I had just said.

The colour drained out of my face.

"Did you-" Lain started, "How-?"

"How could you not tell me?" She finally asked.

I climbed off of the chair and came to sit beside her on the couch.

Grabbing her hands I pulled her to look at me.

"I found out on Sunday last week," I told her, "He's working with Asher, but apparently he's undercover for Dom's father. I wanted to tell you, believe me I did, but not even Domenico knows, the only people who know is Dom's dad, Asher, Me, Holly, and now you..." I spoke softly, hoping she'd understand.
"You can't tell anyone, not right now, with Holly missing."

"Holly's missing?" she repeated.

"I got a phone call on Monday, I don't know whotook her but I'll find out tomorrow night." I told her.

"I'm obviously completely out of the loop so could you please get me up to date, I promise I won't say anything to anyone, just let me help you." She pleaded, squeezing my hands.

And so I told her everything...