Chapter Twelve...

Chapter Twelve...

I was sitting in the living room a couple hours after school, when I noticed something was off. Holly and Jake were missing...

I picked up the home phone, which was sitting on the coffee table, in front of the couch, before dialling Holly's cell phone number.

"Hello?" she answered casually, "Hey, I have one question for you..." I told her seriously. "And what is that?" "Where the fuck are you?" She sighed before answering, "I'm guessing you didn't see the note." she stated. "What note?" I asked, confused. "The one sitting on the kitchen counter."

I got up off the couch, walking to the kitchen, to find a note, sitting in the fruit basket.

'Dear Lex, taken Jake to see my mum, be back in two weeks. I'm sure you can handle yourself that long. Call if you need me.
Holly.

"Ohhhhhhh..."

"Yeah, so if you don't need me, I'll be going, got stuff to do, places to be, people to see..."

"Sure you do."

"Hey! I have friends..."

"I don't count as a friend cause we're related, so tell me, who are your friends?"

"Uhhhhhh-"
"That's right."
"Why can't you count as a friend?"
"Because I'm your cousin. And I don't like you..."
"You know you love me!" She yelled before hanging up.

Sometimes she makes me unsure of her sanity...

Sitting in home room the next day, Mrs Cooper walked in, yelling "Two weeks guys, two weeks!" Everyone erupted into cheers, while I sat at my desk, wondering what was going on...

"Umm, someone wanna tell me what you guys are screaming about?" I asked, once everyone calmed down.
"The Prom (Ball)" Someone from across the class stated.
"WOOOOOOOOO!" I cheered, as everyone awkwardly stared at me, before erupting into laughter.

"What? I felt awkward being the only one who didn't cheer..." I confessed, sheepishly. "Your one of a kind Alexis, one of a kind..." Mrs Cooper told me, once the laughter died down.

"So Prom Dresses?" Lain asked, as we walked out of school that day.

"Yeah, this weekend, shopping?" I asked her, as we walked towards the car park.

"Okay, but we're going on a little road trip to the next town over, I heard there's this little shop that not many people know about, with the prettiest dresses."
"Okay, sounds like a plan. Holly will be back by then, so she can help pick."
"Kaay, See ya Lex."
"See ya Lain."

The week went by fast, and on Friday afternoon, Holly came back, without Jake.
"Um, I think you forgot someone?" I told her, as she walked inside, pulling off her sunglasses, before placing them on the kitchen counter.
She looked up at me, as I sat on a bar stool, in an oversized tee-shirt, eating coco pops.
"He wanted to stay a little longer. And honestly, he deserves some kind of happiness."
"True that." I agreed, before continuing to eat.

She laughed as she opened the cupboard, pulling out a bowl for herself, before poring coco pops and milk, got a spoon, and sat beside me.

"Can you come with me and Lain, to a little shop, in the next town over, to look at prom dresses tomorrow? Its next weekend, and we haven't got anything..."

"Oh I've been waiting for this day for so long." she told me gleefully, rubbing her hands together...

Umm okaaaay?