Chapter Twenty Six...

CHAPTER TWENTY SIX

*DOMENICO'S POV*

"What did she tell you?" I asked Lorenzo, as he sat in front of my desk, he had been permitted to leave the hospital, but wasn't allowed to stress his body.

"She told me that she doesn't trust you, or anyone really, she wants to protect her family. That's all I know really, apparently she got away because she jumped out of the window, but I don't see Asher letting her go that easily, I think that was his plan. Maybe so she would drop her defences and trust him." He told me, "She hasn't told me anything else."

"Can you keep an eye on her? You're probably the only one she trusts right now." I asked, hoping he would agree.

"She doesn't trust me, but she might talk to me, I'll try."

.

*LORENZO'S POV*

I decided it was in Alexis's best interests to not tell Dom about her trying to get hold of a gun, for one it was her decision, and because I needed her to trust me, or she could get hurt.

Besides, maybe this could change my luck with her, no offence to Dom, but if I could sway her to be with me, I would.

*ALEXIS'S POV*

"Okay, so here's the plan, drive the car into the garage, close the door, we'll grab our stuff, put it in the back of the car." I told her, "Then we'll wait a bit and have an 'argument'" I told her, making hand quotes around 'argument'.

"Yell something about going to stay with Jake, and we'll both get in the car but I'll hide. Then we can go to the hotel."

"Alright, let's do this..." She agreed as we pulled into the driveway.

.

.

"This is stupid Alexis! Why would you get involved in shit like this? I'm bringing a child into this shit because of you!" Holly yelled, after being home for about half an hour.

"You're the one that got herself knocked up after knowing someone for barely five minutes! But its fine, I'll be the bad guy, so your delicate heart doesn't break. It's not like I was almost killed a week ago!" I yelled back, throwing my arms up in the air in defeat.

We were standing in front of the kitchen window, knowing full well that Dom's men were outside hearing every word.

"You know what Alexis! You're a selfish Bitch, I refuse to stick around any longer. I'm going to stay with Jake, you can deal with this yourself." Holly growled, before going upstairs to 'pack' her bag.

I followed her, yelling about how immature she was being.

I turned my bedroom light on, "Whatever then, do what you want." I yelled, before slamming the door.

Unbeknown to the people outside, I was still standing in the hallway.

*DOMENICO'S POV*

"So let me get this straight? They had a fight?" I asked the man standing in front of me.
"Yes sir." He responded confidently.

"Holly said she was leaving to go to stay with Jake?" I continued.

"Yes."

"And you just watched as she drove away?" I assumed.

"Yes."

"Did anyone follow her?"

"N-", I cut him off, "You just let her go!"

"She was going to Jake, you have other guys there, we figured it would be okay." He told me, getting nervous.

"You damn fool! She wasn't going to stay with Jake! It was an act! They wouldn't fight about something like that.!" I yelled, standing up and walking around my desk. "If anything happens to either of them, you're dead." I told him, before walking out of my office.

I pulled my cell phone out of my pocket. Before dialling a number. "Has holly's car shown up?" I asked into the receiver.

"No, no sign of anyone arriving or leaving," someone responded through the phone.

"Fuck!" I hung up.

I dialled another number. "Lorenzo."

"What 's wrong?" he asked sounding like he just woke up." Sorry, I was having a nap."

"Holly is missing and I'd bet my life on it that Alexis is with her." I told him.

He was silent for a moment.

"Dom, she..."

"She what?" I asked worried.

"She has a gun..."