Chapter Twenty...

Chapter Twenty

*Alexis's POV*

"Alexis! Are you okay? Whats going on?" Lain questioned, as soon as she burst through the library door that Carlo had just unlocked.

"I'm fine, whats happening out there?" I asked, as Carlo closed and locked the door behind him, effectively locking all three of us inside.

"Dom's parents ushered everybody out, I tried to follow the crowd, but Carlo appeared out of nowhere, grabbed my arm and dragged me to you." She informed me, "He said that you were in danger."

"She is in danger." He interrupted her, "So are you," he told her, before turning to me, "I don't want to sound like a dick, but WHAT THE FUCK ALEXIS! Out of all of the people you could have replaced Dom with, you chose the guy that kil-" he was interrupted by the jingling of a door handle.

We braced ourselves for the worst, quickly hiding behind the sturdy wooden desk, which was situated in the far corner of the room.
Carlo slowly slid a handgun out from inside of suit, and I grasped Lain's hand my own.

We held our breaths as the door swung open, which resulted in Carlo letting of a gunshot at Dom.

"WHAT THE FUCK YOU IDIOT? YOU ALMOST HIT ME!" He yelled, as he stormed over to our hiding spot.

"Come any closer and i'll aim properly." Carlo spoke loudly, sticking the nose his gun around the side of the desk, as he hid his head.

"What are you on about? Its me? look at me you imbecile!" Dom ordered, slightly confused.
"How do I know you're not an impostor?" Carlo asked.

"Last week you were kissing your pillow pretending it was Lai-" "Alright Alright, don't worry girls, its just Dom." Carlo interrupted.

"You've left a bullet hole in the wall, so mamas probably gonna leave one in you." Dom told him, before walking over to me and holding out his hand to help me up.

"And I know you knew it was me." He added, as he turned to face Carlo.

I let him help me up, before he spoke again, "We need to continue our talk."

"Is Holly and my brother safe?" I asked Dom, as we walked down the staircase and into the huge living room, where Lorenzo was standing with Mirco and some other guys who I didn't recognize.

"Lorenzo will give you a ride home once we've talked." He told me, avoiding my question, as he continued to drag me through his house.

He stopped in his fathers office, which was empty at that moment.
"Look Alexis, I know that you don't like me, hell you probably hate me, I mean its my fault that your friends and family have been involved in a war that has nothing to do with them, nothing to do with you. And as much as I want your forgiveness, I don't need it, but I need you to trust me." He started, "I know that you have no reason whatsoever to trust me, I've given you no evidence that it is even a good idea. But we've both lost people close to our hearts because of that fucker, he took advantage of you to get to me, he played with your heart like it was a toy-"

"What?" i interrupted him, "What did you just say?" I repeated.

"He played with your hea-"

"No, you said we've both lost people close to our hearts because of that fucker! Because of who? You know who killed Danny, Luca and Brittany?" I asked, my voice rising as I continued. "You know who killed them and you decided to keep it a fucking secret? and for what? For the sake of your secret little Mafia! You know what Dom, Get fucked! Everyone already knows that you all just look out for yourselves. And your right, it is your fault that people close to me are dead, and yes, you have given me no reason whatsoever to trust you. So you know what, You and your family can get fucked." I yelled at him, as I ripped my hand out of his grasp.