Chapter Seventeen...

Chapter Seventeen

*Alexis's POV*

Surprisingly, the phone I found didn't have a security lock. Unfortunately, I didn't have enough time in the next few days to investigate whose phone it was, or how it ended up on my lawn.

Saturday came around quickly, and I found myself helping Jake wrap up the present he picked for Tamara.

"It has to be perfect Lex!" He told me, as I got some sticky tape to stick the pink wrapping paper together.

"I know Jakey, I'll make sure it looks nice." I replied, making sure I had taken the price tags off the cardboard box, which held the jewellery box inside.

I was pretty proud of Jake's choice of gift.

The jewellery box itself, cost me sixty dollars from a little boutique inside the mall.

It had mirrored sides, while the lid was made of polished glass; there was a small slot under the glass, where Jake had slipped a picture of the two of them together.

He also made friendship bracelets for them both. He put hers in the jewelry box, while he had his tied around his wrist.

"Are you done yet?" He asked, several minutes later. "We're going to be late."

I sighed, before I grabbed the card he made for her, and put it in a floral envelope.

I then taped it to the wrapping paper.

"Oh Jake, you woke us up over two hours to early, its impossible for us to be late."

.

.

It was 11:45AM when we got to the address Asher had texted me on Wednesday.

It wasn't very far from our own house, only a street over.

"C'mon Lex!" Jake yelled, as he unclipped his seat belt, before he climbed out of the car.
"I'm coming, I'm coming!" I laughed, as I got Tamara's present off the back seat.
He ran ahead of me up to the front door.
I stood behind him as he rang the door bell.

It was about five seconds later that the door flung inwards, revealing Tamara in a pretty, deep blue dress, with a silver sparkling belt, which matched the headband that held back her blonde curls.

"Jake! You came!" She yelled, pulling him inside.

"Oh, hello love, Come in!" Asher greeted me, as the kids pushed past him, running down an unknown hallway.

"How are you? Did you have trouble finding us?" He asked, as he closed the door behind me.

I felt him place his hand in the small of my back and gently push me towards the hallway the kids had just run down.

"Where should I put this?" I asked, gesturing to the gift I was holding.

"Oh, here, let me get that for you " he ordered, before taking it out of my hands and walking through the doorway into the living room, where a small table was set up.

He place Jakes present with the rest of the presents, as I glanced around the room.

The room was modern, with a leather couch and two la-z-boy's facing a massive flat screen TV.

Opposite the television was a huge glass sliding door, which lead outside, I could see people mingling, along with Jake and Tamara, who were running around with a few other children that I recognized from Jakes school.

"Would you like a drink?" Asher asked, as I stood beside the wide bench, that connected the kitchen to the lounge.

"We have child sized soda's, orange juice, water," He paused for a moment, "Wine?" He quietly suggested.