Chapter Sixteen...

Chapter Sixteen...

*Trigger Warning... This shit gets a tad gruesome*

*Alexis's POV*

Picking up the white Samsung, I put it in my backpack, promising myself that I'd find out who it belonged to after school.

But for now, I had to get Jake to school on time.

After dropping Jake off at his school, just as the final bell rang, I was well and truly late to my own.

Deciding that I'd rather be late but have energy, than just late, I stopped at the small cafe on the main road, since it was on the way to school anyway.

Getting a latte to go, I stood in the waiting area, when an idea struck me.

"Excuse me," I said, clearing my throat loudly, gaining the attention of the young guy standing at the counter.

"How can I help?" He asked, smiling pleasantly at me.

"Do you know it there are any part time jobs available here?"

He looked thoughtful for a moment.

"Honestly, I wouldn't know, I'm here on gateway, from the school, for hospitality experience. But if you write your name and number down, I could talk to the boss if you'd like?" He told me, before picking up a pile of unused sticky notes and handing them to me, along with the pen from his apron pocket.

"Thank you," I told him sincerely, handing him back the pile, after writing down my details.

"You're most welcome Alexis," he replied, winking at me.

I walked into math twenty minutes late, with a coffee cup in hand and unfinished homework.

"Alexis..." Mrs Cooper sighed, as I sat in my seat at the back of the class.

"I'll let you off with a warning just this once, because I'm feeling generous. But if it happens again you will be put in detention." She stated, before turning back to the whiteboard.

"Can I have some?" Lain whispered, gesturing to my coffee.

I handed it to her, before opening my exercise book and copying the equations Mrs Cooper had written on the board.

Tapping on my shoulder, Lain placed the cup back on my desk.

Reaching for it, I brought it halfway to my lips, before it registered in my mind that it was light.

Too light...

"Bitch," I muttered, throwing the empty cup at her forehead, as she laughed loudly, disrupting the class in the process.

"Lain! Shut it!" Mrs Cooper growled, turning to face her daughter.

"It was Alexis!" She protested, trying to get the heat off herself and onto me.

"Really?" Mrs Cooper deadpanned.

"Because that, sounded like a bloody Gorilla dying. A sound I've heard, and gotten used to, around the house for almost eighteen years," she sassed, folding her arms across her chest as the class burst into laughter.

"Harsh," Lain laughed, not embarrassed in the least.

.

.

.

"Ya know, I was going through some stuff in the spare room last night, cause mum wants it cleaned out and made into an actual room, instead of a hoarders paradise." Lain told me, as we lay in our usual place in the courtyard.