Chapter Twenty-Eight: Poor Unfortunate Events

I honestly thought that this was going to take a lot longer to write - so I got an early start on it only to find it really didn't. So I carried on and now the next chapter is pretty much written too - so I thought I might as well upload this one for you guys <3

Thanks everyone who's been reading this! You're all pretty amazing!

Please enjoy:

::My Happily Never After::

Chapter Twenty-Eight: Poor Unfortunate Events

“So you guys used to do this all the time?” Isaac asked from where he was sat opposite me, cross-legged, as we poured through the collection of DreamWorks films owned by Rachel and Isaac.

“Yup.” I answered, picking up Shrek and setting it to one side.

Isaac grinned. “I feel like a nerd that’s finally been invited to sit at the table with all the cool kids.” He said making me laugh.

“Hey have you two picked a film out yet?” Rachel asked as she entered the room with a huge bowl of popcorn tucked into her arms protectively angled away from her brother who followed into the room behind her, already holding a handful of popcorn with a triumphant smile on his lips.

“Well so far we’ve narrowed it down to three films.” Isaac answered her, holding up the three DVD cases we’d set aside. “Kung Fu Panda, Rise of the Guardians, and Shrek.”

“Rise of the Guardians gets my vote.” Rachel said instantly, her eyes lightening up excitedly.

Isaac’s smile widened. “That was my top pick too.” He told her, making her smile widen happily.

“What was yours?” Jake asked, taking my attention, as he took the clear space next to me on the floor for his seat.

As he spoke he held the hand of his that was holding popcorn out to me in offering, and I gladly took a piece before answering.

“Shrek.” I told him, popping the popcorn piece in my mouth.

Jake grinned. “Then that gets my vote too.” He announced.

I looked up at him in surprise. “It does?” I asked. I had been so sure that Kung Fu Panda was going to win his vote, which was why I’d picked it to put aside to begin with.

Jake gave me a sly smile. “If we don’t stick up for each other those two would win all the votes.” He told me, pointing his finger at Rachel and Isaac.

I laughed.

True enough.

“Then we have a tie.” Isaac announced, taking out Kung Fu Panda from the films we’d chosen and adding it to the pile of others.

“Rock, paper, scissors, to decide what we watch first?” Jake suggested raising an eyebrow.

“Let’s do this.” Rachel said eagerly, picking herself up to sit on her knees as she turned to face her brother properly, challenge dancing in her eyes.

Jake popped the last few pieces of popcorn he was holding on to through his lips before dusting the salt off of his hands.

“Ready.” He announced once he’d swallowed, outstretching his hands so that his left was balled into a fist on top of the palm of his right.

I turned to Isaac, giving him an eye roll that clearly said ‘sibling rivalry’. Isaac’s grin let me know he was thinking the same thing, before we both turned our attention back to see who would win.