Prologue

OMG I'm actually starting it :) feels like a forever ago that this idea first popped into my head and I have tons of ideas that I can't wait to get off of my chest :)

My Happily Never After:

Prologue:

Funny how it happens. Falling in love. Sometimes it just hits you in the face. One moment you’re minding your own business and then just like that love attacks you. Even if you don’t want it to be there.

That’s not what happened to me. For me it was a slow painful realisation. Quickly followed by the far quicker - and much harsher - realisation that it was never going to work. The love I felt - the love that had unfairly crept its way into my heart - was very much one-sided.

In fact he already had someone. Someone who was his perfect other half.

And when I say that it’s not an exaggeration.

They were the cheesy perfect Hollywood worthy couple that appeared in Disney films. They had the kind of love that made your heart melt, and your stomach pang ever so slightly in pure jealousy. I’m not saying that either of them is perfect. They’re far from it.

But they’re a perfect couple. A match made in heaven. The picture-perfect pair.

Suffice to say, I don’t really fall into that picture.

Except I did. In a sick twisted way I landed myself a roll that I didn’t want, nor could avoid.

I was the best friend of his other half. The awkward third wheel that they didn’t want to leave out or abandon. Because they were both good people. The best people I know in fact. You really truly can’t get much better, without being some kind of demi-god.

And so came the third realisation. The realisation that if this really were a Disney film, I would be the villain.

Yep. It makes sense. Not everyone could be the hero or damsel in distress. There had to be some evil to balance it all out. And that’d be me.

I’d be the old crone trying to cram the poisonous apple down Snow White’s throat. I’d be the heinous bitch trying to make expensive coats out of adorable puppies. The evil stepmother? The one who locks Cinderella away with only mice as company? Yeah that’s me too.

I’m the bad guy. And I’ve accepted that fact. And whilst doing that I had to come to terms with another brutal truth. My fourth realisation:

Villains don’t get happy endings.

It’s karma’s way of straightening things out. The tyrants of the story don’t deserve happily ever afters, so they don’t get them.

Simple as.

There’s no prince charming for the evildoer.

And I guess I’m okay with that. Some days. On other days…I guess it just really sucks. Like today for example.

Today I could really use a prince charming. Just for a while. Just to hold onto to whilst I listen to the screaming match between my parents, happening just downstairs.

That would be nice.

I could curl up into a ball and have him wrap his arms around me - like in all the cheesiest movies – and there’d be nothing more to it. He’d just hold me. He wouldn’t even have to say anything. He’d just brush his thumb gently against my spine, soothing me.

It’d be so innocent.

Because that’s what prince charming’s do. They love you for you, not what they can get out of you.

And then, when I finally felt strong enough to pull away, he’d give me a heartbreakingly beautiful smile, and he’d hold on just that little bit tighter before letting me out of his arms. A small simple squeeze to let me know he loved me. To let me know that he’d always be there for me when I needed him to be.

Just thinking about it made my heart pinch in want.

It would certainly beat lying here. Alone. Knowing that soon I’d have to pluck up the courage to leave the safe confines of my room, just to get to the front door of my house.

But those privileges are left for the better people. The people who aren’t in love with their best friend’s boyfriend. And all in all that seems fair. People like me; we’d corrupt love, because love is so pure.

Love was best left for people like my best friend.

This is why this is her love story. Her happily ever after.

___

Yeah so most of this was posted in the teaser Chapter One will be up in not too long x

Let me know what you think - and as always I LOVE you guys xxx