Chapter Fourteen: An Elixir For Courage

HOLY CRAP! NUMBER 43 IN HUMOUR AND NUMBER 57 IN TEEN FICTION! YOU GUYS ARE SO F'ING BEAUTIFUL!

I just can't believe it! I'm rediculously happy right now - even though there's another double elimination on x-factor >.< So yeah a slightly longer chapter for you guys this time! <3

Anyway as always votes and comments are appreciated, but mostly PLEASE ENJOY::

::My Happily Never After::

Chapter Fourteen: An Elixir For Courage

“This is such a terrible idea.” I said solemnly, staring at the party around us.

Mackenzie rolled his eyes at my complaint. “You’re the one who asked me for help. You don’t really get a say on how we go about making you fall out of love.” He said, looking right at home in the party atmosphere.

I grimaced. “Rachel would be so peeved to find out I went to a party without her.”

Mackenzie looked unfazed by my words. “That is one of the reasons we’re here.” He said simply.

“To annoy Rachel?” How exactly was that meant to help me?

“To separate you from Rachel.” He corrected. “Is there anything you ever do without either Rachel or Isaac there with you?”

I frowned.

“Work doesn’t count.” He interrupted me from answering.

I quickly clenched my jaw tightly shut.

He smirked. “That’s what I thought.”

I frowned at him. “You’re smugness is really irritating.” I said grumpily.

Ignoring my words entirely, he carried on. “Okay first rule-”

“Rule?” I asked, interrupting him. “Since when did I agree to follow rules?”

He gave out a frustrated sigh. “Yes rules. You asked for my help, we’re doing this my way. Unless you don’t want my help anymore?” He asked.

“A debatable point.” I grumbled. Did I want his help? The text I’d sent had been mostly out of desperation.

He raised an eyebrow, and I sighed inwardly.

I wanted rid of this feeling. If there was even a slight chance that Mackenzie could actually help…

“Yes I want your help.” I admitted grudgingly.

“Then stop being so difficult.” He ordered. I held in my glare and nodded my head. “Good. Now first rule: Avoid all situations where you’re left alone with just Isaac, or Rachel and Isaac together.”

“You want me to abandon my friends?” I asked incredulously. “I can’t do that.”

“I’m not saying completely abandon them, I’m just saying distance yourself slightly. Grow a life of your own. If he’s involved in every aspect of your life you’ll never be able to get over him.”

“He’s not in every aspect of my life.” I denied.

“Who’s the first person you go to if you have good or bad news?”

I swallowed. “That’s not fair. They’re my best friends.” Of course I would go to them.

“I get that.” He said.