EXTRA: The Other Side of the Mirror

Alright as promised this has been typed up and posted. HOWEVER THERE WILL BE NO OTHER EXTRA'S I'M AFRAID. I'm officially marking this story as complete, and I won't be posting anything else.

In brighter news however - Let the Games Begin will now be my main focus over the next few weeks xD Expect updates!

Thank you everyone for all you amazing support - please enjoy Chapter Twenty-Nine (A Hundred Tears of Sleep for those who don't remember - which is just after Isaac left the sleep over after finding out his mum's been in an accident) from Mackenzie's POV (Sorta - it's actually in 3RD POV but from Mackenzie's side of it if that makes sense!)

EXTRA: The Other Side of the Mirror

“Hey.”

Mackenzie couldn’t find a single other word to say as Taylor turned to face him.

“Hey.” She responded weakly, her voice cracking on the one single word. And she must have heard it too, because she quickly clamped her lips together, blinking more firmly as she forced back the need to cry.

Mackenzie kept his hands firmly clasped to the edge of the sofa to stop himself from reaching out when a sudden urge to tuck some of her fallen hair back behind her ear hit him as she turned to stare at her phone again, the lost expression on her face growing.

That expression struck something in him. Something painful.

“Taylor.” He spoke out quietly, his voice tense and rough.

He needed to get a grip on himself.

Not Taylor. Anyone but Taylor.

Those thoughts seemed futile as she turned her head to look at him again, the broken look in her green eyes catching him off guard. When she looked at him like that he felt the sudden urge to fix everything for her.

Something he could probably never do.

“Yeah?” She asked him softly, exhaustion weighting her words.

“You’re tired. “ He said, letting out a sigh. “Just go to sleep.”

He should have known she wouldn’t listen to him. She almost never did – especially when it came to the matter of Isaac.

And why did that hurt?

“I can’t.” Taylor said, shaking her head. “I’m worried. He said he would call.”

It was almost painful for Mackenzie to watch the way she clung onto her phone as she spoke, in a silent plea for it to ring.

At that moment he could feel a twinge of annoyance tug at his chest towards Isaac.  Why wasn’t he texting her? Just one text.

He was broken from his thoughts when he noticed that Taylor was shaking – literally. He wasn’t sure if it was because she was close to tears or from exhaustion – he didn’t even know if she knew she was shaking – but he hated seeing it.

Before he could stop himself he was reaching out for her, pulling her into his side with too much ease.

She was exhausted.

“What are you doing?” Taylor asked.

But she wasn’t moving away. He almost wished she would. He could feel him crossing past a line he wouldn’t be able to return from unscathed.

His stomach tightened at the thought. “Just shut up.” He said, not answering her question.

Yup, that’s the way to comfort a girl, he applauded himself mentally.