Chapter Thirty-Four: Prince Un-Charming

OKAY SO I FEEL THERE IS SOMETHING I REALLY REALLY NEED TO CLEAR UP - THERE WILL NOT BE A SEQUEL TO THIS STORY! I'm sorry but I'm really not a big fan of writing them, I like writing my stories and them being fully finished <3 Sequels sort of ruin that feeling of completetion for me :) x

I'm actually very annoyed at myself with this chapter - I kind of built it up in my mind, and it's pretty much impossible for me to reach my own expectations, so I really should have seen this coming xD Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up - in idea alone this is my favourite chapter...but that the writing leaves a lot to be desired!

ANYWAY as always PLEASE ENJOY:

::My Happily Never After::

Chapter Thirty-Four: Prince Un-Charming

“Taylor!” Isaac wore a surprised smile as he opened his door that I didn’t return.

“Hi.” I said crisply, all my emotions bundling tightly in my chest ready to burst at any given moment. I sealed my lips tightly shut together.

Noticing the frosty note in my voice Isaac’s eyes saddened slightly, and his smile dimmed. “Hi.” He said softly anyway.

I swallowed, shaking my head. “We need to talk.” I told him, seriously.

Isaac gave me a half smile. “You weren’t answering your phone. I figured you didn’t want to talk to me.” He said weakly.

“I didn’t.” I said, unblinkingly.

The half smile he had been wearing disappeared into a grimace.

“But I can’t keep avoiding the whole situation forever.” I continued grudgingly. His lifted his eyes to mine hopefully. “I already spoke to Rachel.”

A frown pulled at the corners of his lips. “Oh.” His green eyes swirled with a million unsaid words at the sound of Rachel’s name, and I felt myself tense.

Without really thinking them through the next words fell easily from my lips. “She mentioned you’ve been ignoring her.” I said, watching for his reaction.

He visibly flinched back, his tired eyes growing tight. Looking straight at me he spoke carefully. “She shouldn’t have done what she did, Taylor. In the car park, telling you like that-”

“But at least she told me.” I said flatly, cutting him off before he got all the way through his sentence.

Even if she had told me in a horrible way, she had at least been honest with me.

Isaac looked like he was about to say something, but I didn’t give him the chance.

What little self-restraint I’d been holding on to snapped.

“Four years Isaac.” I said sounding hurt even to my own ears. “You never once said anything. Was it amusing for you, or something? Watching as I helplessly fawned over you?”

Isaac’s eyes widened, as he stepped forwards. “No.” He said in horror. “Your feelings were never a joke to me, Taylor.” I flinched back as he stretched out a hand, reaching for my elbow.

Anger was still pumping through my veins.

He always did that when I was upset, and usually I welcomed the familiar warmth. But today I was too hurt.

“Then what?” I asked him in an accusing voice “Was it some sick kind of ego boost to have two girls in love with you?”

Hurt settled on his features. “I was waiting.” He said quietly.