xv • more than legos

Despite having to use May's soap— which was far too fragrant for your liking— you enjoyed your shower.

Without looking, you had grabbed for a bottle at random to wash your body with and the same pleasant smell that you'd woken up to that morning met your nose. You looked down and realized you were holding Peter's body wash.

Cheeks glowing, even though you were alone, you closed the bottle and picked up May's instead.

When you were finished and dressed, you hung up the borrowed towel and opened the bathroom door.

Peter turned his head from the couch. "May's grabbing lunch. Do the clothes fit?"

You walked over and glanced down at the borrowed sweat pants and Midtown Tech hoodie. "I think so. Do they look good on me?" You smirked.

Peter cracked a smile. "I'm certain they do."

Even knowing he couldn't see it, you were embarrassed to be blushing. Which seemed to be happening quite often as of late.

"May said she left a note on the counter for you. Wouldn't tell me what it said."

You stood up to find it. When you did, you laughed.

"What?"

"She wants me to convince you to donate your Star Wars Legos."

Peter snorted and rose from the couch, stretching his shoulders. "Yeah, that's a good one."

You read the note again and smiled, crumpling it and throwing it away. "Where are they anyway? I don't think you've ever shown them to me."

"There's not much to see," Peter faltered the slightest bit. "They're... mostly broken."

"Oh," You said. "Well, why don't you fix them?" As soon as you said it, you regretted it.

Peter smiled sadly down at his feet. "See, I would, except for..." He looked up at you and waved his hand up and down in front of his face.

You bit your lip. "Sorry, I wasn't thinking."
Peter didn't say anything but you knew he didn't mind.

Then, as if you had been planning it this way, an idea came to you.

"Why don't we fix them?"

"Sorry?" Peter appeared confused.

"You still have the manuals, right? I'll supervise and help you. You're pretty good at feeling around with your hands. We can build them together."

Slowly, like sunlight spreading across the city, Peter's face lit up. "Alright!"

The two of you made your way to Peter's bedroom and he pulled out a box from under his bed. "Spare parts and instruction manuals."

You reached in and sifted through the many booklets. "This could take a few hours."

"May said she wouldn't be back until one. We have time." Peter grinned.

Delighted with the project set before you, you began. At first it was more difficult than you'd imagined; what with trying to instruct Peter on where each piece went and figuring out how much damage had been done over the years of May's dusting and Peter's neglect. But eventually you found a solution.

"Here," you took Peter's right wrist in your hand and turned his palm up. You then placed a Lego piece in his hand. "This," you let him take the piece in his fingers and then you guided them down to the desk where his nearly complete X-Wing model spaceship lay. "Goes here." You helped him find the right place and then relaxed your hand, allowing him to finish the step.