vii • star wars

"Oh, come on," You pulled Ned's anxious hands away from his hair. "You look fine."

He took a deep breath and assessed himself in the mirror. "I'm so nervous."

"Don't worry," You said. "Betty really likes you. You have nothing to be afraid of."

The doorbell rang.

"She's here." Ned fled from the bathroom and you could hear May greeting your friend at the door.

"Hey,"

You turned.

Peter stood in the hallway, a hand on the wall. "You wanna help me find the movie?"

You shrugged. "Sure."

He led you over to the cabinet beneath the television. "I know it's somewhere here, but obviously I can't tell which one."

You knelt down and began thumbing through the DVDs on the shelf. "Empire Strikes Back, right?"

"Yeah," Peter sat down next to you.

"So are you two..." May's voice carried over from the kitchen. "Dating?"

"Yes." Betty said, her giddy smile evident. "It's official."

"That's wonderful." May exclaimed. "You know, I've been trying to get Peter to ask a girl out but he refuses every time."

You shook your head and kept sifting through the movies.

"Any word from MJ yet?" Peter asked.

You pulled your phone out and flipped it open. "Yep, let me see..." You read her message. "She says she's with the decathlon team, studying. She wants to know if a few of them can come as well." You glanced up to read Peter's face.

"Sure," he shrugged. "Double check with May though."

You turned and called to May, asking her permission.

"As long as none of them smoke in the house! We just got rid of that smoker Mr. Geyser from next door. I'll lose it if I have to smell that again."

You reassured her that the decathlon kids were all well behaved and would be sure to avoid smoking anywhere near this apartment.

Peter chanced a smile as you gave MJ the go sign.

"Okay, where is this movie?"

After finally locating the disc in question, you and Peter joined Ned, Betty, and May in the kitchen until MJ and the team arrived.

May greeted everyone at the door as always, and asked their names in turn. MJ, Abraham, Jason, Cindy, and Flash all smiled and thanked May for letting them come.

Right as you and Betty met MJ with a hug, Flash caught your eye and winked. You put on a dramatic show of rolling your eyes.

You noticed a few things about each person as they interacted with each other. Abraham and Cindy seemed very familiar with each other. You would have to ask MJ if they were a thing later. Jason kept glancing at Betty and Ned with a dark look of jealousy in his eyes, and you wondered how long it would take for Betty to realize she had more than one option.

Flash and MJ seemed to be strangely civil with each other. Reflecting on it, you figured her attitude of not taking anyone's dirt would come in handy when dealing with Flash. He was probably too bothered by other things to pay attention to MJ's dismissive reactions to him. You guessed that friendship wasn't too strange after all.

Eventually, everyone grew accustomed to the plan for the night, and someone started up the DVD player.

"I'll pop you guys some popcorn and bring out some early Halloween candy." May called while you all settled in the living room.