epilogue

So you and Peter graduated.

It wasn't that difficult after everything you'd been through together to sail through the end of senior year.

Peter helped win the national decathlon team title and you made it into the college of your dreams.

Nearly every night Peter took to the streets to patrol as Spider-Man again and his relationship with Tony Stark was only growing stronger by the day.

You would be sad to leave your friends behind. Ned was finally healing from Betty and she was figuring herself out.

MJ was finally confident in who she was and Flash had just started to get on your good side.

But, after all, things don't truly end, really. Stories don't finish with the completion of life goals. So you graduated high school. The story wasn't over, but it wasn't just beginning either. It was moving on.

And as you walked up the stairs to the stage to receive your diploma, your friends cheering you on, Flash tipping your cap and Peter grinning like a fool, you felt happier than you'd ever done, surrounded by your friends and ready for something new.

"You sure you'll be okay without me?" Peter asked, months later as the two of you brought the last load down to your car. "I mean, I could always come with you. College is a big step."

You laughed. "Relax, Parker, MIT is the best option." You set your box in the trunk and Peter did the same. "Besides, everyone needs a healthy dose of independence."

Peter sighed. "Yeah, alright. I just don't like being away from you for so long."

You erupted into another string of laughs. "Two days isn't that long. Then you'll be up there with me and we can dominate the campus together."

A rueful grin touched his mouth. "Come here," He said, pulling you in.

The traffic around you faded away as you leaned into his arms and chest.

"You know Stark said he might have a solution for your sight in a few years,"

You felt him shrug. "Good for him."

"You're not excited for that possibility?" You said, looking up at him.

He just grinned again, his face pointed over around the city. "I dunno, life's pretty great, I don't see how it could get any better."

You shook your head and hugged him tighter. "Well, regardless, things will just get better from here on out."

Peter tilted his face down to you finally then and kissed you. "The thing is," he said, "I don't think they need to."

And that was true, if for now.

For time would wear and tear at the two of you for evermore, but one thing was certain.

If it really had been fate that brought you together, you would trust in fate's timing for everything else. For truly, what could go wrong, if only you had Peter by your side?

___
end of book