A normal morning

It was around 7:00 am and will halstead, an ER doctor, woke up to the sound of a small child running around his room. "Hey buddy! I'm coming to get you...". He lived in a big beautiful home on the river front which overlooked the river, with his girlfriend Natalie and her son Owen. The child wasn't wills but he treat him like he was, they were all so caring and loving of each other you wouldn't think they had only been living together for around 6 months.
Not long after at about 7:30 am Jay halstead, a detective, woke up to the city sounds below his apartment. Since he lived alone he pretty much had to rely on himself to get to work on time which for a man, was pretty challenging. He had around 1 hour to spare so he hopped in the shower and started his day like every other. Afterwards he changed into some work suitable clothes and headed out the door to go grab some coffee en route to the district.
It was a normal morning for both of them, the Chicago heat kept them on their toes and they had a busy day of work ahead of them. Will arrived at work with Natalie hand in hand, they both worked in the same ER which was pretty handy for them. Jay arrived to work alone, previously he would roll up to the front desk side by side to Erin Lindsay, hank voights adopted daughter, but since she moved to New York to join the FBI he was pretty much lost in that sense.