She's where?!

They both arrived at the house and jay stopped Rose before she could get out of the car, "your bags in the trunk; get it before you go in, you won't look so suspicious that way" jay said before letting her leave. "You got this, you got this" he mumbled to himself since she already left to go to the house.
"I don't know if you can hear me jay but I'm scared" she whispered into her phone in her pocket quietly before walking through the door with a brave and innocent face on, jay could hear her just fine and he was in fact on his way back to his apartment. From what she could see it was her dad and a blonde woman home, she placed her bag on the floor and attempted to walk past them pretending to be oblivious to her situation, she made it half way up the stairs before he spoke out. "Where do you think you're going?" He snarled at her. He had never used that tone with her before but yet again she'd never gone missing for quite that long either. "Upstairs...I have a lot of homework" she said excusing herself from the conversation, "I don't think so you little brat, get here, now!" He barked at her making her fall backwards onto the stairs, the blonde woman sat beside him without a care in the world. She did as she was told and walked over to the couch, not once did he turn to look at her when he talked but she knew he was raging with her. "I've spent two days without food on my plate and the house is a complete mess, so you better have a bloody good excuse why you haven't been here" he hissed through the grit of his teeth.
"I've got a perfectly good excuse thank you very much. I was at my friends, Ava's, I slept there for a night or two, then I felt sick so I didn't go to school which is why I have a lot of homework so if you'd be so kind, I'd like to go get that done..." she said quite scared but she hated him so her bitterness seeped through, "don't you dare give that attitude to me" he snapped is head to look at her with a face full of fury, he was red with anger which made rose back up a little. He got up from the couch and slowly walked towards Rose, who was inching her way back until she bumped into the table and and couldn't escape, "you think that's good enough? huh?!" He screamed at her, she let a tear escape her eye which ran down her cheek and dropped onto the floor. Her dad followed the tear with his eyes, "you're always making a mess aren't you, always messing everything up. You know, the only reason I took you into my care was for the money, wish I hadn't though, you're not worth a single penny" he laughed in her face. She didn't make eye contact at all, he wasn't physically aggressive with her which is what she was relieved about but he made her feel worthless which wasn't the greatest. "Now if you want to see tomorrow you'll make me and my girlfriend over there our dinner, we've been waiting long enough; and if you wanna see the end of the night you'll clean the place up" he threatened her. She turned to go to the kitchen wiping her tears away but rolling her eyes, she had only been gone for two days and he had managed to get himself a girlfriend.
Jay had made it back to his apartment and he had listened to the whole argument, he was proud of rose for putting up a fight but he was disgusted at this man who called himself a father. Will had also gotten off shift and was on his way to jays apartment to meet back up with his brother and sister. "Hey jay, hey rose..." Will said opening the door to jays place expecting a young girls voice that sounded like rose to answer back, but there was nothing. "Jay? Where is she? Is she in her room?" Will said completely clueless since he hadn't looked at his phone all day, he hadn't seen jays messages which explained it all. "I text you will, she's at her dads, it was the only option..." he said looking down to his laptop which was connected to rose's phone. "She's where?!" Will snapped back at him being protective, "Will calm down man, we don't have legal guardianship over her yet, if he found out we had her and called the police on us, we would've been screwed, we wouldn't be able to adopt her Will, so yeah she's at her dads, it was the only option." Jay sighed knowing how crazy he sounded sending her back into an environment like that. "God dammit, well is she okay? How do we know she's okay? I mean for all we know he could be hurting her or doing all sorts right now..." he started but was cut off by jay pointing to the laptop. "We've got her ears, I connected her phone to a continuous call, we can hear everything going down but she can't hear us..." jay finished for him. "When do we get her back?" Will huffed accepting that it was what had to be done. "Tomorrow, I told her what we would need to do and she was fine with it, all of it. Even the dna test part" jay said smiling at will. They sat in silence before a clatter of pots and pans made them jump, it came from rose's end.
"Sh*t!" Rose hissed to herself forgetting her brothers could hear her. Both of the boys back at jays apartment just shared a worried look before turning their attention back to the call, "What was that?!" Her dad shouted before running into the kitchen, "sorry dad, I dropped the pans that's all..." she said wondering why he was so agitated, "THATS ALL?! I've just missed the final touch down of the game because of you! Finish making our food now, before you get another chance to break the very thin ice you're standing on..." he threatened rose. "Oh my god jay, we gotta get her out of there. Now!" Will jumped up but was soon pulled back down by jay. "No will, we can't risk it. She's fine and she's always gonna be fine. He threatened her before but he didn't do anything, he's just trying to scare her..." jay assured will.
Rose had finished up making the pasta and garlic bread, she took both plates out and handed them over to the two adults watching the bears game, she also handed them another beer even though they didn't need any more. "Its about time, now get out of our sites" he said in a calmer tone. Rose left to go clean the entire house, she started in the kitchen and put away everything in sight, then she left to clean the living room; she tried to pick up the rubbish as quietly as she could but there was a lot of it so that made it difficult, "could you be a bit quieter? We're trying to re watch the winning touch down you ruined for us before" he asked rhetorically. She quickly but quietly made her way to the bathroom when she was done and cleaned there next which wasn't hard because it was small. "Jay? Will? I'm sorry you had to hear all that" she whispered into her phone not even knowing if they could hear her.
"Do we have to listen to it all jay? It's hard to listen to" he admitted not liking the sound of his younger sister struggling on her own. "I get it if you wanna go home will, but I can't knock it off, I gotta know she's safe at all times." Jay gave him the option. "No I'm staying jay, she's in our life for better or for worse, I'm going nowhere" Will denied his offer, jay nodded in agreement and they both just put up with the uncomfortable things they had to listen to through the call.
Rose had finished cleaning the whole house apart from her dads bathroom in his room since he got the en suite. She was never allowed in there, and she didn't want to find out why either. She made her way back down stairs to get her bag and to take the empty beer bottles and dirty plates back through to the kitchen for her to clean up. Silently, she ran back upstairs with her bag before locking herself in her bedroom, peace at last. "Uh guys I don't actually have any homework and since it's late I'm gonna go to sleep, I'll leave the phone on my bedside table so you can hear me. Goodnight" she whispered into her phone one last time before falling into a deep sleep for a few hours.
She woke up at 2:36 am and decided to text her brothers in a group chat her and jay had made early that day; they had named it the three musketeers. She was silently crying but there were tears plopping on to her phone screen as she sent the text,
Rose: "I miss youse so bad" she didn't expect a reply back since it was so early in the morning and it was pitch black outside but she received a reply back from both of them straight away.
Jay: "I miss you too"
Will: "we will see you in the morning I promise"
She smiled and let out a small giggle before whispering into her phone really quietly trying not to wake up her dad and his state of a girlfriend, "see you in the morning". Knowing they weren't asleep yet and they were still there for her, she dozed back off into a deep sleep feeling a warm and cosy feeling inside of her stomach.