One last night

"Look jay, I gotta get back to med, it's rush hour and we're short on staff. I'll be back here at the end of shift though okay? You good with that rose?" Will said before edging his way to the door, "yeah" both jay and rose said at the same time; all three of them just laughed together, must've been twin telepathy or something. By now it was around 11:30am and jay and rose were hungry so they decided to head down to the nearest restaurant and order lunch. "So What happens now?" Rose said eagerly, jay just stared at her confused as to what she was talking about. They were sat in a small circular booth in the corner when the waiter walked over to take their orders, they both ordered a burger and fries before rose could speak again. "What I mean is, how do I get away from my so called dad?" She said clearing up any confusion Jay had before, "ohhhhh right, I get you. Well usually we would go to court to get full custody but since you're in foster care" he said carefully, "we should be able to just sign some adoption forms then your officially apart of the halstead family" he said smiling. "Wait you really want to take me in?" Rose said quite shocked at his words...
"Uh yeah why wouldn't I?" He said while scoffing some fries down his throat, she looked down and frowned. "Well I'm a 15 year old kid, a teenager, no one wants a teenager" she said looking at him. "Well we do, we want you" he said not caring about anyone else. She smiled and began to eat, she finally felt accepted after 8 long years of being thrown around by many different families. "One thing before we do though, we'll need a dna test to prove it or the law states we can't get guardianship over you." He said still eating his lunch, "yeah no problem" she said not too bothered what she had to do, anything to get away from her he'll hole of a life. The time flew in and they had talked about absolutely everything, from their favourite tv shows to embarrassing stories. Both of them left and made their way back to jays apartment, they put on films and relaxed all day, "Shoot!" Rose shouted in the middle of playing a card game with jay, he jumped at her sudden realisation of something. "What?! What's wrong?" He said looking at her like she had six heads. "My dad will be wondering where I am, I haven't been home since the party! He's gonna flip, when he rings school and finds out I've missed that too he's gonna be so mad..." she said getting up to go grab her phone. "What are you doing?" Jay said looking at her frantically searching for her phone, jay pointed to her phone on the kitchen island assuming that's what she was looking for. "Checking to see if he's noticed yet" she said in a scared tone. "Uh oh, too late. He's mad alright" she said with sarcasm. She turned to look at jay who signalled for her to join him back on the couch, "what would you usually do on a school day? We can work it out don't stress" he said.
"uh let's see. Well... I'd wake up make him breakfast then leave for school, he'd sometimes have a girl over and sometimes he'd be alone. Once I finish up with school, depending on wether or not he had a girl over I'd either go home and make his dinner and clean up and stuff, orrrrrr, I'd go to that motel I mentioned and wait until later in the evening to show up back home, some days I'd even go for long walks to fill the time, then go straight to my room when I eventually got home" She summed her days work up. Jay just looked at her with shock, "woah, erm well how'd you get the money for the motel?" He said trying to think of a plan. "Oh gosh, truth is the only way I could get money was from his wallet, or the women's." she looked down with guilt and jay picked up on her embarrassed emotions. "Hey hey, look at me rose, you've been doing the right thing, you've done nothing wrong" he reassured her. "So what am I gonna do now?" She said worriedly.
"Well since we don't legally have guardianship of you just yet, you're going to have to spend one last night at your home, okay?" She frowned but nodded, "it's only one last time, we can't risk losing you again. If he calls the police on us then we won't be able to get any form of care over you. You can do this rose, I'll make sure I have ears on at all times so I can hear everything that's going on, nothings gonna go wrong, you got that?" He said pulling her into a hug. He notified Will straight away via text, but since it was super busy at work he didn't see the message.
It was 18:30pm and the two had talked through the plan over and over again, rose was to go home and explain that she had gone to a friends house and she stayed for a night or two, she then missed school because she was sick and that's where the present moment steps in to save her. Ava had been told that if he was to call her or her parents asking for proof, she was to agree and lie to him, it was the only way to avoid a bad situation. Jay had switched rose's fully charged phone on and turned on a continuous call so jay could hear everything, "you ready kiddo?" Jay said before they both hopped into jays car, "ready as I'll ever be" she said doubtfully before jay set off heading toward her dads house.