Who told you that?

A few days had gone by and jay and Rose had been living by their normal daily routines. It was Friday and it was mid day, roughly 3:30 pm, Rose was with finished school but jay and will were still at work. Rose had gone home since she had a spare key now, she got to her room and changed into a sports crop top and some short cycling shorts, she packet up her dance bag and grabbed a snack from the fridge. She checked her phone for the time, 4:20pm, she decided to text jay and tell him she was going out and she would be back before he finished work. He allowed it and told her to be safe and stay out of trouble, she left the apartment making sure it was locked and ran to her dance studio.
Jay was at work and they hadn't got a case all day so when it got to around 5:30pm Hank told them all they could go home since the day was moving slow, jay drove back to his apartment expecting to walk in on Rose sat doing homework or watching tv or something but when he made it into the apartment he couldn't see or hear her. He knew that she went out at around 4:30pm (ish) but it was now nearly 6pm and she should've came back by now, fairly worried he text will asking him if she'd stopped by med to visit him,
Jay: "hey will, is Rose with you?"
Will: "no why?"
Jay: "she left to go out a bit ago and she isn't back yet, it's just not like her to be out when its getting dark"
Will: "does her friend ava or what's her name not know where she is?"
Jay: "yeah maybe. I'll call by her house to see if she's there"
Will: "keep me posted"
Jay: "will do"
Jay grabbed his keys and jacket then drove to avas house, he got out of the car and walked up to the door. He knocked and about 5 seconds later ava appeared in front of him, "oh hey jay? What're you doing here?" Ava said confused since Rose wasn't with her. "Is Rose with you?" He said just as confused as her, "no...she went home after school and I haven't talked to her since. Why? Is something wrong?" She said getting scared. "No, I'm sure everything's fine, it's just she told me she was going out earlier but she hasn't came home yet" he explained. A light switched on in avas brain and her eyes lit up, "ohhhhhh! I forgot! It's a Friday, so she'll be dancing" she said not thinking anything of it. "Dancing?" Jay said even more confused, "yeah? She hasn't told you?" Ava said shocked. "No, no she hasn't. Thanks ava..." he said getting angry as he turned to leave. "No problem?" Ava said wondering why he had daggers in his eyes. She closed the door and shook it off; jay however stormed off and quickly drove back to his apartment to call will.
Jay: "Look I went to avas place and she told me that because it's a Friday, Rose is dancing. She's a stripper will!"
Will: "WHAT?!"
Jay: "I know, I know. Im at home now waiting for her to come back, I'm gonna kill her..."
Will: "Yeah I'll kill her too, I'll be over in 5 minutes. My shifts finished now anyways"
Jay: "yeah, be quick"
Angrily, jay hung up the call and put his phone down on the coffee table. Will arrived 5 minutes later and they exchanged looks of rage as they waited a little while longer for Rose to finally show up home. By now it was 7pm and they two brothers were sat in silence still waiting, they heard the door handle rattle and in walked Rose smiling. Her smile soon dropped as will and jay looked at her like they were plotting her murder and they had already planned her funeral, "uh hey?" She said confused and scared. "Hey?! Is that all you have to say?" Jay shouted at her, she flinched at his reaction to her simple hello, "wanna explain where you've been?" Will said standing up next to jay.
"Uhhhhh...dancing?" She said making her way over to them. "Dancing?! What, for older men?!" Jay said walking towards her raising his voice even more. She backed up a little since she had never seen this side of the pair before, "what on earth are you talking about?" Rose said raising her eyebrows. "You know exactly what he's talking about Rose!" Will said in a very angry tone. "Uh I really don't, I dance, but not for older men?" She said with her voice trailing off at the end. "You're a stripper Rose! What do you mean you don't dance for older men?" He said confused again himself. Will just stared at her waiting for her answer. "Stripper?! Who told you that?!" She scoffed back with tears forming in her eyes, she didn't like jay and Will shouting at her. Will looked at jay waiting for him to answer, "Ava said you were dancing because it's a Friday, so I thought she meant you were a stripper, a dancer...?" Jay said confusing them both. Rose now had a few tears running down her cheek, "I'm not a stripper jay, I'm not, will..." she said looking down trying to get them to believe her. "You're not?" Jay said lowering his voice, "no I just dance" she said quietly before turning around and pulling a pair of pointe shoes and a leotard out of her dance bag.
Jay turned to look at will with a regretful gaze, he felt bad for getting mad and shouting at her. "I'm sorry rose..." he said looking at the tears on her cheeks. He walked over to her and pulled her in a big hug, she accepted his hug and they just stood there in silence for a minute before Will spoke out, "I'm sorry too rose, come here" he pulled her into a hug after jay did. "Why didn't you just tell us that you dance?" Jay said getting her to sit down. She sighed and looked to the floor, "I didn't want to add anything else to your schedules, you both have difficult jobs and I didn't want to make you both even more stressed..." she explained. Jay and will both laughed at her concern for them, "you can tell us anything and everything, big or small Rose. We want to help" Will said patting her shoulder. They all sat in a comfortable silence for a few seconds, "so are you good at it or..." jay said wondering if they had a talented sister. Rose just laughed and joked back "I'm alright I guess, not too sure" she pulled out her phone to show them some pictures from her competitions and shoots.

*all pictures found on google*           Jay shot Will an amazed look, "uh you're alright did you just say?  I'd say you're pretty damn good at it" jay said shocked

Jay shot Will an amazed look, "uh you're alright did you just say? I'd say you're pretty damn good at it" jay said shocked. "Thanks" she said looking up at him smiling. "I could do all of that in my sleep" Will said nudging her arm, she looked at him and smirked before switching her phone off again. "I gotta ask though, how are you paying for all of this? And where are you doing it?" Jay said suspiciously. She chuckled and admitted, "I got a scholarship a few years back for en pointe dance centre, I've been there ever since. I don't have to pay a single penny" she said smiling. "So you are good then" they all just laughed and joked about jay thinking she was a stripper. "I better go change" she said, the boys nodded realising she only had a small jacket and shorts on.
"I feel bad man, I shouldn't have shouted at her..." jay said to Will once she left the room. "You're good jay, she's clearly forgiven you, just keep doing what you're doing, she's happy so you're doing something right" Will punched jays arm and told him. "Yeah I guess" jay said doubtfully back. Rose reappeared back in the living room with her PJ's on, "so are you staying will?" She said happily and jumped on the couch in between her brothers, "yeah sure why not" he answered with a smile. "I've been thinking..." she randomly blurted out, the boys shared a worried look. "You guys know all about me, butttttttt, I don't know much about you two soooooo....spill the beans" she said with her sassy attitude. They both laughed and Will answered first, "well I grew up with jay obviously, we grew up with our mom and dad until our mom died when we were barely adults." They all shared sad looks, "anyways, I trained to become a surgeon, I was a surgeon for sometime before I moved to Emergency medicine and here I am sat next to you" she giggled then turned to jay wiggling her eyebrows, "what about you?" She said facing him. Jay laughed and explained, "well, when our mom was sick I left to join the rangers" she stared at him with confusion not knowing what the rangers is, "the military" he simplified it, she mouthed 'oh' before he continued. "I done a tour in Afghanistan, then became a detective" he finished. She clocked on to the part where he said military, her eyes beamed with joy, "what?" Jay said noticing her excitement, "I have a dance meet, a competition, this Sunday, you're both coming by the way" the two boys smiled and stared at each other before looking back at Rose expecting her to finish, "and?" Jay said since she just sat there silent and laughing. She smirked, "you'll just have to wait and see won't you..." jay looked at Will with suspicion but will just smirked at him even though he didn't know but he found it funny. They laughed and joked the whole night as they found out random facts about each other, Will left a little later on and Rose and jay went to bed.