{Chapter 6: Old Friend} [Rewritten]

It was a nice warm day and the sun had just come out. Mr.Jones and Miss James were leaving Paris today and neither of them had talked about the kiss to Miss James dislike.
She made sure she had all her things packed, before making her way down to the lobby for check out with Mr.Jones. The limo was already waiting and they got their bags inside the trunk then were off to the airport. The trip was about 4 days long and soon came to an end. Lamari wanted to bring it up but said nothing. The plane ride seemed to take forever this time since she couldn't fall asleep. Eventually she did though and Mr.Jones was watching he closely. He figured she didn't recognize him. They were childhood friends. Until one day he disappeared moving away without any goodbyes. Lamari was hurt but soon it went to the back of her mind as time went on.

**************************

Lamari's POV
The jet had finally landed and I got off with the help of my boss. He was oddly silent looking as if he was deep in thought. It took about a good hour to get home, the traffic worse than usual. Mr.Jones helped me with my bag and I dropped my purse down on the counter yawning. I knew I'd be jet lagged for a few days, but it didn't matter since I didn't have work. I sat on the couch resting my arms. Using the crutches was tiring me out and that made me realize how out of shape I was. He walked back down after taking my bag to my bedroom. He smiled at me and walked over. I studied his features for a few moments. He reminded me a bit of my childhood best friend, though  older of course. "Hey what's your first name?" I ask curiously just to entertain the idea a little bit, though I knew he wasn't my Darien.
"It's Darien. Darien Jones." He replies making my jaw drop. I was speechless, could it be?
"Yes. Lamari. We were childhood lovers."he exclaimed staring into my eyes. "Lovers? I.. I don't know what to say. Where did you go. You just disappeared.." I say rambling...
"28.29.30. Ready or not here I come"I shouted giggling. I ran around looking for Darien, I could hear laughter and followed the noise. There he was, Darien hiding behind a tree. I run up behind him "FOUND YOU" I yelped laughing, hyper off the skittles we shared earlier that day . He jumped screaming, his screams was high pitched, higher than mine. He played it off with a more manly scream. "You scream like a chipmunk." I joke, teasing Darien as he pouted crossing his arms. "I do not " he huffed.
"Uh yea ya do" she replied back sassily putting her hands on her hips. He rolled his eyes and smiled. "Lamari will you be my-". "Lamari TIME TO EAT DINNER" my mom yelped and I quickly gave Darien a hug and ran off.
"bye Darien see ya tomorrow!" I say smiling widely and he waved at me frowning slightly. But she didn't see him the day after he had left but she never knew where he went she went around the neighborhood asking where Darien had moved. They would simply dismiss her and after a year I just gave up on finding her first love.
******
I shook my head the memory ending as Darien grabbed my hand to get my attention.
He leaned in and pressed his lips to mine, this kiss was more passionate than last times in Paris.
I broke the kiss breathing hard. "To answer your questions we were moving and I was going to make you my girlfriend before I left so I could come back one day and marry you," he said smiling "but I never got the chance." He added and I looked at him for a moment

"But why were you so rude to me when I first came did you know then or," I asked

"At first I thought you weren't my Lamari and I'm just a bit to sarcastic in general. Sometimes I can come off as controlling and rude. I always have my guard up around new people. I soon realized you weren't new at all. After looking at your background check. You went to the same elementary school as me. You still live in the same area when we were kids and your full name was a dead give away. I'd Never forget it, at first I was in denial but My gut and heart told me otherwise." He rambled making me laugh a bit.
"I missed you," I said smiling
"I thought I would never see you again," I say my eyes watering he kisses my cheek.
"I would've never stopped trying to find you," he says smiling.
After we caught up for a few hours he left and I called Audrey," Girl so much shit has happened in the last week it's ridiculous. First Matty cheated on me then my boss ends up being Darien. Remember My best friend Darien from middle school..." I ranted and Audrey squealed then got quite," wait Matty did what? Wait till I see his scrawny ass, it'll be on sight." She said sounding pissed off.

"Girl fuck him. He can choke on a dick for all I care." I say and She laughs," yeah but I told him if he ever hurts you Imma blacken his eye." She says and I rolled my eyes smiling.
" it hurt me but I won't let him make me all depressed and sad. I'll get over him eventually." I say sighing," I'm coming over Girl. Be there in 10!" She says and hangs up on me without saying goodbye. "Bitch rude as hell." I say laughing and waited for her arrival.  Once she arrived, we talked and watched movies together, she ended up staying the night to drunk to drive home.
We ended the night on my bed passed out and drunk as hell. She was laying half way off  way off the bed and I was snuggled up into the pillow my leg hanging off the side.