TWENTY

"The help of human blood...? Whose?"

Jennie looked at Jisoo for three seconds blankly before looking at Lisa again, and in the background Rosé's sigh could be heard. She thought of the person of who she was bandaging right now, "What a tease."

Jennie's gaze was on Lisa entirely and she opened her mouth to speak in a monotone as usual, "Blood bank donation," she said calmly. 

Lisa looked at her stunned for a moment before pressing her lips slightly and nodded, "Blood bank, oh okay," she said. Lisa had thought Jennie's been feeding off of human's blood by fangs and skin, but since she said so herself... But if she drinks from blood bank donations, then how can she explain last time...?

"You survive off blood bank donations?" Lisa asked quietly. 

Jennie suddenly felt a small pressure on her chest when Lisa asked that question, Lisa thinks she's just like a normal vampire citizen who survives off of blood banks. But she's not. Jennie didn't really now how to explain it to her, so Jisoo butted in to answer the question. 

"No she doesn't, she just didn't wanna feed off the little masochist anymore. This is the first time she's drank from packaged blood" Jisoo said for Jennie.  

Lisa furrowed her eyebrows, "Masochist?" she said, having never heard of the word she thought, what is that?

"The girl who you saw in my room that time, when I was feeding on her and you saw when you came back to the room after breakfast," Jennie said nonchalantly. But Jisoo plastered a smirk on the side as she knew Jennie too well. Including whenever Jennie acted opposite of how she was feeling inside. 

Jennie looked down, but secretly peeked up to see Lisa's face and how she was reacting. "Oh," Lisa said simply and nodded, "So Nancy," she said with a rather emotionless look on her face. Jennie lifted up her gaze slightly and nodded once. 

"Do you do it with her often?" Lisa asked, with that same tone where it was difficult to figure out what she was thinking. 

"About once every week to plenish my cravings," Jennie answered. 

"How long? Is she the only one you do it with?" Lisa asked again but quieter this time. 

"Every since she was old enough, so it's been about two years. I've had other people offer them to me and people I've used, but yes, it's mostly been her throughout the past years or so," Jennie explained. 

Two years, that's a long time. 

Enough for two to develop feelings. 

"But why feed from humans directly when there are blood donations? Government authorized systems and hospitals have tens of thousands of people who are willing to donate," Lisa asked curiously from the point of her knowledge. 

Before Jennie could answer Jisoo butted in again, "Royals can't drink stored blood. It's crappy for them because it's not fresh enough, and they feel icky after drinking them. Even if they force themselves to drink it, their body rejects it and sometimes they will end up throwing it up," she said, catching the attention of Lisa while Jennie just stared at the blonde, never moving her eyes away. 

"It needs to be hot, pulsing, flavourful and rich enough. Most important of all, fresh, and fresh for them means straight from the body," Jisoo explained, where Lisa had frowning eyebrows which happens whenever she's trying to understand and absorb new information. 

"But not just that, only about 12% of the population has the blood type that can truly relieve the quench and support the lifeline of a royal vampire which also actually for once tastes good to them. But you see the thing is though, they're not picky, but it's just how they are" Jisoo explained and shrugged.