FOURTEEN

Do you ever think about what you're doing?

Don't you have any guilt inside of you? No one gave you the right to do that, she never asked you to.

I was protecting her, it was my fault that she-

How do you protect a dead person?

= = = = = =

An hour has passed. Jennie sat in the chair, her boot stained of the blood that's dripping she acquired by assaulting the woman in front of her whenever she didn't give a response she wanted.

The woman was still chuckling, muttering rubbish words out of her mouth to spite Jennie.

"I'm asking you for the last time" she got up and this time she bent down to reach the same eye level as the woman, pulling her hair so it was out of the way so she can look her in the eyes.

"What did you do" Jennie said threateningly.

The woman ran her eyes over Jennie's face and smiled,

"Ah, not much has changed, has it. You're still exactly how I remember from the last time I saw you, but only that time haha, you were a little girl" she said, her voice hoarse from coughing out too much blood.

"But I can see you're softening up" her eyes opened wide like a maniac.

"It's because of her, isn't it. I know it, you've always been a lover girl" she laughed wickedly.

"BUT NOT ANYMORE! " she suddenly yelled.

"SHE'S GOING TO REMEMBER, OH SHE IS AHAHAHAHA! AND BY THE TIME SHE REMEMBERS EVERYTHING, SHE IS GOING TO HATE YOU! HATE YOU AHAHAHAHA!" the woman started laughing crazily, gasping for air but the despicable sound never stopped coming out of her mouth.

In Jennie's eyes an emotion flickered, just like that time when she turned her back on Lisa.

It was pain and..... fear.

She couldn't hide it, and the woman saw it and pulled on her chains to caress Jennie's face. Making the latter slowly and eventually let go of the bundle of hair in her hands, her gaze lowering from the woman's eyes.

"Oh there she is" the woman cooed, causing Jennie to look back up again. It was as if she's talking to the most untouchable precious thing in the world as she looked into Jennie's eyes, who was faltering of the strong cold wall that she's built up from the truth in the woman's words.

"There she is, the same girl that came crying to me the day she killed her best friend" the woman said gently, but it only caused Jennie's stomach to churn.

The pain and the fear was clearly on the surface of Jennie's eyes as she couldn't hold it in no more, getting lost in the hypnotizing stare of the woman in front of her that caused to remember each and every detail of that time.

"I-" Jennie croaked, "I didn't kill her" she managed to choke out quietly, tears finding their way to the brim of her eyes.

"Oh, is that what you tell yourself? But you're the reason she died, aren't you?"  the woman smiled.

Jennie didn't respond. A gut wrenching feeling in her stomach. Memories started playing in her head of the day she never forgave herself for, the most painful memory of her entire life.

Most of all, she was afraid of them. They were Jennie's greatest fear.

"And because of your selfishness, she's here again" the woman whispered with corrupted humour in her voice.