THIRTEEN

Have you heard of reincarnation? I bet you have. Reincarnation as someone's normal definition would be the soul of a living reborn into another body after their death in the previous life. But no one knows where that soul would go. Would it either be drifting through the air unable to find their next haven due the crime they committed in their previous life, or would it be reborn into a new family, all memory forgotten and born again anew.

But another way, scarce, but exists in their world, is the choice of reincarnation. Witches, powerful, but hated with the depth of their power feared upon by many, and their wicked ways.

Some of rare, well concealed families receiving their practice followed through by their entire line of ancestry is rumoured to be gifted with such power. But that's all they are, rumours. No one to this day have ever said that they saw such practices be performed.

Practicing witchcraft has long been forbidden, and anyone who is found doing so can be granted death on the spot. This rule was set by the man who had the most power of the nation to prevent one creature from overpowering another. He also said that any protection and concealing of them will be treated as an act of treason, punishable upon a judge.

But Vlad, he's a hypocrite.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

In a small wooded cabin by a dark, rich green forest there stood a slender figure with her arms crossed, and another body thin and fragile body sitting on a wooden stool.

"So can you fix it?" Jennie asked sternly.

The old man squinted through his thick glasses observing the crack in the ring then he shook his head and sighed.

"I can, but it would take a while. This is a very old ring after all" he stated.

"I know" Jennie said.

"I can see you've taken good care of it, great condition" he nodded in approval, Jennie didn't respond.

"Have you tried anywhere else to fix it?" he asked.

"Yes" she said, "isn't it obvious" she asked monotoned.

He spared a glance towards the empty box on the floor, a logo on it that didn't belong to the ring and chuckled.

"Ah yes, I didn't want to assume. But quite naive for you to go to a modern store like that, fancy packaging with no real work done. You wouldn't have looted anything from there anyway" he said.

"That's why I'm here" Jennie responded coldly.

"You've made a good choice."

It was the second day since Lisa's breakdown, Jungkook passed by the same spot where she was that day and there she was again, standing there with a blank look in her eyes.

He was about to walk away without saying hi but her voice stopped him,

"Jungkook".

He stopped and turned to the girl, "come here" she said, and he did.

He walked towards her, but his steps halted when he was close enough to hear the question that was mumbled through Lisa's mouth.

"Why did Ms. Kim say 'father' that time?" she asked.

Jungkook didn't answer.

"I've been thinking you know. I've had a lot of time to since I'm technically jobless now" she chuckled humourlessly.

"She just said 'father', no pronouns, talking to you" she said without looking at him,

"I don't know why but somehow it just came up in my head" Lisa said. Over these past few days she's been thinking a lot, every detail of everything that happened rolled over her mind at least once. She didn't care at the beginning, but she couldn't get it out of her head.